Automating Custom Shades

I've tried all the usual searches but I'm not finding what I'm looking for. I have roman shades that have no mechanical mechanisms, rollers, gears, etc. They are simply ropes, and eye hooks. The blinds are held in place with cord wrapped on a cleat. A very simple handmade style. I'd like to automate these and I suspect I need some type of stepper motor attached to a device capable of rolling the cord on a spindle. Are there any products along these lines? I'd like to find something off the shelf or at least assembled components. I'm not interested in building from scratch with micro-controllers.

There are motors made for roller shades. The motors cost around 50-60 each and usually come with a remote. Adapting this to the Hubitat would help me as well. I have some of these window coverings. Although I am not much into automation of things, I would be purchasing Hubitats for each window covering installation made. There are about 3 brands of motors I have used, and each remote and motor is unique coding to the motor. Although the hardware looks pretty much identical.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.