Authorize Google Home API to Access fails

Today whenever I try to add a new device defined on HUB to google home I keep failing at the authorize google home API step with could not reach hubitat. Running 2.3.5.152.
This step has always been very touchy. about two out of three times google can't even reach hubitat.
Never been very confident this works well with my setup. Anyone have any suggestions?

So do your other devices continue to work around the time you experience issues adding new devices to GH from HE? What are the steps you are taking to add new devices to GH? What types of devices are you trying to add to the GH integration?

Actions taken include restarting hub, router, phone. Nothing seemed to work. However late in the day it began working well enough to add devices to GH. GH still has difficulty connecting to HE but eventually does.
Not sure if there is anything I can do on my end to improve reliability but that is the goal at this point.

I feel a bit awkward / pedantic asking my questions again, so please don't take offense....

But do you have any other devices linked via HE's GH integration that are working while you are trying these steps, or are these the first devices you are trying to integrate from HE to GH?

Are there particular device types you are trying to add to the GH integration App?

A screenshot of the GH integration App on HE may also be of use.

No worries.
I did have devices linked to GH prior to these problems- one smart switch (sonoff mini-l) and 4 virtual switches. I noticed one of the 4 VS was listed as offline in GH. I attempted to bring it online again by attempting to re-integrate it again yesterday and ran into these problems.

Ok, that's good in some respect that we can hopefully rule out a device issue and is may be a more fundamental issue with the integration with GH.... Well good in respect to trying to solve the problem....

Have you tried following the original steps required to setup the GH integration with GH? This is a bit of a stab in the dark... My use of virtual switches triggered by GH routines haven't failed in recent days, including today, so am not expecting a solution here, but good to rule it out.

Beyond that.... I and others may need to think about it some more...

Are you referring to the steps listed in the Google Home installation helper app? If so, yes, those are the steps I tried over and over again yesterday.

Yep, unfortunately they are...

Before tagging HE support I would suggest capturing your GH App setup in HE and some similar screenshots of your errors or issues on a mobile showing either errors and/or the lack of devices you see in HE's App.

I just tried it again. It took four times to connect to HE but it worked flawlessly once connected.

What/how do you mean by tagging HE support?

In the same way I can "tag" you ( @LittleNoel ), I can tag a common group that the support team respond to.... or... When we don't know where something should be directed, the more common target for support issues is the continued efforts by BobbyD, probably meant to be the support team tag.... I was going to say thankless when mentioning BobbyD, but I think there are plenty of us who thank him on a regular basis.... Anyway.... I didn't mention them by name to keep the number of interruptions to a minimum...