August wants me to update the firmware on my Gen 3 locks. Should I?

My Gen 3 locks have firmware that was specifically downgraded to version 1.59.0-1.8.15 in order to work with Smarthings and Hubitat hubs without timing out. Everything's been fine since I did this ~ 1 year ago. Now August tells me that I need to upgrade to v2.0.1 as soon as possible. Has this firmware been qualified with or does anybody have this firmware working successfully with their Hubitat C5 hub?

I've been told that the 1.59.0-1.8.15 firmware blocks us from further updates, as long as we don't use a Connect bridge. Just for the heck of it, after getting the email, I tried forcing an update but was unsuccessful. Phew!

There was a vulnerability announced a few months ago that involved the possibility of hackers being able to decode wifi logins and passwords. I use z-wave only, no Connect, so I'm not fretting it.

1 Like

Interesting. All 3 of my locks have connect bridges but I too only use Z-wave for lock/unlock operations. It would be nice to know if v2.0.1 corrects the "lock unresponsive to z-wave commands after entering low power mode" issue that we fixed by downgrading.

That would be interesting. Though, in my dealings with August support and their recent product releases, I got the feeling they are trying to wash their hands of anything z-wave. :grinning:

Got the same email. I contacted support since no updates were showing. They pushed the update and I was able to install it (after rebooting my phone). It updated from 1.59.0-1.8.15 to 1.59.0-2.0.1. so far zwave commands from Hubitat are working normally.

1 Like

Good information nicholb! What Hubitat hub hardware version are you running?

C7, Just installed a couple weeks ago.

Following. I got the same email last week and was coming here to ask the same question. Also have a C5 hub so curious as to what the behavior is there (also using Connects).

same boat,
subscribe, if there's any update.