August Pro Z-Wave issue

Dang I was hoping someone had figured something out by now since it had been a little while. I have another August Lock connected to an August Connect bridge and its flawless with a Driver in Hubitat, I wish I could connect more then one lock to a bridge.

I guess since I personally use everything in habitat via HomeKit as my entire UI, its not a total loss. I just wanted all my automations in one place if possible. I guess one automation in HomeKit is not a total loss

Thanks!

At least from an inclusion/exclusion perspective I've found these locks to work much better since the latest Z-Wave firmware update.

Also, I don't have to deal with ghost nodes through the PC Controller software. I was able to remove the devices from the z-wave details page without issues.

2 Likes

Also, I've noticed the reliability has improved for me but I'm not able to confirm the exact reason due to multiple changes. But I suspect that moving to a hub mesh where I have multiple August locks that are each closer to their respective c7 hubs is helpful. The hub mesh also reduces the load and traffic on each c7 as well. That combined with the z-wave firmware update has given me 95%-98% reliability.

I'm on August Z-Wave firmware is 1.59.0-2.0.4.

Does the August hubconnect driver work only for a Z-Wave August Lock? I'd like to bring in the cloud connected device via hubconnect. Could you share the driver?