August Locks

I was given a smartlock pro, keypad, and bridge. Got it all set up but didn't try adding to hubitat yet. Came across this thread, now I'm thinking it's a non-starter?

I know the lock is zwave and can pair directly, but I'm planning on using it in my garage which is too far for zwave range.

To offer my humble opinion, if asked, I suggest, you could add this to your HE. either Z-wave if within range, or with the bridge via WiFi. I did not have success with either method as it would not stay connected or proved unreliable. HOWEVER, there are several here that have had great success. It is difficult to pin down why the different experience. It is worth a trial. Great lock if it's stable with your configuration. My final solution has been with a WiFi lock integrating Alexa and HE.
I am going to try and hope for better results with HomeKit and HE. Looks promising.
Give your system a try, smarter people than I can offer you tips along the way.
Good luck my friend.

1 Like

I have actually had really good luck with my August locks connecting through the August Home app (sorry don’t remember the author of it). I do have it also connected via Z-wave but that is much less reliable. The main issue I have that is causing me to look for a replacement is the one I use the most eats batteries. I end up replacing them every 3-4 weeks.I am sure some of that is how I have it setup and it is the main door we use but still pretty short.

For what it's worth, I dumped my August locks about 6 months ago and got Zigbee ones. Batteries last for a very long time - I'm still on the originals. No cloud, no silly account crap. They just work.

1 Like

Which ones did you go with?

Danalock V3 Zigbee. My requirements were Zigbee, no keypad, unable to tell it's a smart lock from outside, as you still have the keyway.