AU/NZ Deals

I just got a "waiting to be picked" up notification for the 2nd order. :+1:

3 Likes

I went to my local J&B and bought 1 more power socket and 4 multi-purpose sensors. That's along with my original purchase: 4 power sockets, 5 multi-purpose sensors, and 3 water sensors.

3 Likes

Which one? Any left?

Order just arrived!
Pretty good shipping speed (this time!) :wink:

My first order was out for delivery with Toll yesterday but wasnt delivered - looks like it went back to the depot. I assume that the driver ran out of time. My 2nd order is still waiting to be collected for delivery.

I had the opposite, I had an email from JB about an hour ago saying my order was about to be picked up by the carrier and I just got a knock at the door. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice, I got 2 SMS's an hour ago to say both orders were on the way and should arrive today. *fingers crossed*

1 Like

Anyone installed the Samsung plugs yet? Mine paired easily enough and I can control them, but the power monitoring seems a little flaky...?

No but Zigbee power monitoring has never been on par with zwave in my experience.

1 Like

Finally got my shipping confirmation. It's being sent form a store in Adelaide to Melbourne so guess JB must have nearly run out.

2 Likes

And they just arrived!

They work so much better (faster) than the β€œcheap” Nue units I’ve been using!

1 Like

Here's my stash. Some are already paired and installed.

4 Likes

I think that JB deal was the best deal I’ve seen this year !!
Possibly the best thing of 2020. :joy:

3 Likes

Almost too good in the end.... :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got 12 multi sensors, 6 plugs, 6 water leak sensors. Should have bought 8 plugs.
JB hifi staff they have been discontinued. Anyone know whether this is true or not?

2 Likes

Nice, and I thought grabbing 8 smart plugs and 2 multi sensors was being greedy! :rofl:

I have none to begin with though.... :innocent: Just preparing for the house to be finished.
pretty excited when I saw the plug is also repeater :crazy_face:

2 Likes

As I understand it all of not most mains powered zigbee devices will have repeat capability, it's a question of how well they function in this capacity. Many bulbs will repeat, albeit poorly other then the Sengled ones that keep getting mentioned. Why? I have no idea.

Apparently Smartthings will still continue, just the hardware will no longer be samsung branded as that end of the business has/is being sold off..

I'd better not tell you how many I have then :laughing:

2 Likes

True, and yes most bulbs are not ideal as repeaters, especially when ppl turn them off at the switch.