AU/NZ Deals

yep just spotted this and came here to spread the word but you guys beat me to it. :zzz:think i'll pop in and scoop up a bargain, i do like the samsung gear, they just work without any fuss.

1 Like

if there's any left after 5 days that is. i don't see too many brisvegas guys on here so i'll find out tomorrow if there was a rush on

[Edit: Sold out]
Xiaomi Aqara temp humidity pressure sensor (square) one is $13.99 on Amazon. Free shipping on Prime. I’be been using the round one for a few months now. Gonna try the square one.

3 Likes

Thanks. Bought 3. Only need 1, since I have 4 already, but good to have backups.

Bloody annoyed! Bought the Aqara temp sensor 3 days ago - Then noticed they went on sale.
By the time, i factored in amazons return postage costs to buy a new one at prime price i was only saving 5 bucks...

Any put these inside or behind the grill of a exhaust fan? That's where im hoping to put mine - so its out of sight! (not that its a large sensor)

No, I put mine just below the cornice, above the shower screen. It is small and I have white walls in the bathroom so it blends it pretty well.

It works great with the Smart Humidity Fan app.

1 Like

My sensors are arriving today. Crazy fast.

Xiaomi Aqara temp humidity pressure sensor, bought yesterday.

Wow, that is quick. I went with the free (non-Prime shipping) and it looks like it will take about 5-7 days. Happy with that.

Anyone after any of the Aqara door/window contact sensors. Will sell at cost - $18 each. I bought extras to help out others here that may have wanted some (more economical with shipping). Let me know if interested.

Amazon prime are always quick with shipping!!
Wish auspost would take note!!!

Do the Xiaomi Aqara temp humidity sensors work reliably with Hubitat? I thought I read they had troubles staying connected?

I was thinking of the Xiaomi ones or maybe the Konke ones, does anyone have any opinions?

For the Xiaomi ones, is the square sensor the latest temp/humidity one or the round one?
(the deal has long since gone but still looking for one in the future!)

I previously had trouble with my Xiaomi devices, but once installing several zigbee power points and light switches a while back, I haven't had any problems at all with them. I added 2 of the Humidity sensors and they have been working great. Use them to turn on exhaust fans in the bathroom. Basically, as soon as the fan turns on I know the water is hot enough to step under :slight_smile:

Of all my Xiaomi sensors the Temp one's have been the only one's not to drop out so yep very reliable.

Agreed. I've had other Xiaomi's drop, but not the Temp sensors.

Nice, thanks all. Will pick some up when they show up on amazon again.

I've got 7 Xiaomi's now. Some of these are from motion sensors. Some of these are averaged.

I lit the fire at about 5pm!

1 Like

@mike, wow your house seems a lot more energy efficient than mine. My fluctuations are great, and the variance between rooms are a lot greater. This is interesting.

Here is a snapshot of temperatures now.

Yeah, I've gone to great lengths to make my house energy efficient. For example, double glazing on the bedroom windows, sealing off all leaks/under doors, double layer of insulation in the roof, insulation in the walls, thick curtains and pelmuts etc. We are also <1km from the beach which really helps regulate the temperature. Probably the biggest factor, imo.

2 Likes

Wow, that's quite a collection of temp sensors! Impressive.

This is actually a bad thing for me. I do have some pointless sensors around the house, and they are just chewing through batteries (most are CR2!). Once I got some insights that I can do something with (eg better insulation, timings to open close certain windows & doors, setup motion triggerred automations), I will be turning them off. I've only recently got into graphing trends.

Hi Mike
Those graphs are looking great. I was wondering what you’ve used.
I’ve build a house using similar energy efficient features like yours including using the Thermaloc system ( I.e. 110mm thickness slabs of polystyrene for all the external walls and roof in lie of batts) and now looking for further monitoring. I am suggesting you to monitor the indoor humidity as well since an energy efficient house needs to be as air tight as possible.

1 Like