Association of two devices

friends. Help me to understand. I am trying to create a connection between a temperature sensor and a thermocouple using an association class. this class is supported by the temperature sensor. group number 2. I looked at the documentation for this class. to establish an association, I have to tell the sensor the Short groupingIdentifier and Object nodeId. But what does the Object type read in this case? I saw in third-party drivers that this is a number. But it doesn't work. ID trv 0D. it means 13. I set this value. The sensor accepted it. But the radiator does not receive the temperature value !.

I also have a second question. In order for the radiator to receive values ​​from the sensor, it is necessary to enter the value 0x80 in parameter 8 of the configuration. I asked him. When checking in parameter 8, the value -128 - is that how it should be? I also tried to set the value 120, this value is not accepted by the radiator. when checked, parameter 8 is set to 0.

If I set nodeId 1 to the sensor association group, then I receive 2 messages about the temperature from the sensor, then this function works. I see 3 possible reasons.

1. I set the device nodeID incorrectly.
  2. the heatsink does not switch to the mode of receiving data from an external sensor.
  3. I am missing something important.

It is also worth noting that the radiator does not react by changing the damper to a change in the external temperature after setting the value -128 to parameter 8. This suggests that the radiator is waiting for data from the sensor.

do these lines mean the same thing?
hubitat.zwave.commands.configurationv1.ConfigurationSet(parameterNumber:8, size:1, scaledConfigurationValue: -128).format()
hubitat.zwave.commands.configurationv1.ConfigurationSet(parameterNumber:8, size:1, configurationValue: [0x80]).format()

Please, help.
I have also tried organizing this message on other systems and it works. Therefore, I know that it is possible.

Maybe the problem is in the drivers?

links to drivers:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.