Assistance with Inovelli Red Series

I have a combination of Lutron and Inovelli Red Series with about 10 Inovelli and some range extenders making up my Z-Wave network. It remains stable everywhere and no issues except one thing that has me stumped. The master bath switch is one tap on, two taps both master bath and half bath should turn on, and three taps controls outside Lutron. I never have issues with the three tap. The one tap will occasionally not work and LED flashes red. The two tap will only turn on the half bath and not also the main bath. It never used to do this and I was beginning to question if I had a bad switch or if It was the Debug in the logs that I didn't know what to do. Earlier this week I changed out the router in my house and added another child node. For a reason that escapes me, almost immediately all these issues went away. I assigned a static IP back as Hubitat suggests and the issues came back(sometimes the light not working and LED flashing red but always the double tap operating a second Inovelli). What is my path forward on this one?

Some things may be good to know:

• what model? (There are two generations of this product, usually called gen 2 and gen 3, models LZW31-SN and VZW31-SN)

• you mention concerns over debug logs, but generally these are not indicators of a problem, just informational or troubleshooting information generated according to your settings for this device -- but sharing what they are may be helpful if you have a specific concern.

Beyond that, it seems like there are various places your problem could be, some of which might involve an app or other device instead of this one. This document has lots of guidance that may help you troubleshoot on your own or get a better idea of what to share to help others help you do the same:

1 Like

It's model LZW31-SN . I can get the double tap to work from the Hubitat app just not the switch.

By "the app," do you mean by manually running the command on the device detail page? That can be helpful to know for troubleshooting an app/automation, but it is not useful for troubleshooting a device because the commands are executed entirely by the driver (without any participation from the device). However, knowing if you see any debug entries in the log when you do a physical double tap on the device might be helpful to know.

You may also want to look at your preferences/configuration parameters for the device, as there are a couple combinations that could disable the double tap functionality, like turning off the button press "delay."

1 Like

This sounds like the configuration to support multi tap has been disabled by the settings to turn off the physical delay at the switch (P51), or by setting the delay between button presses (P50) too low. Most likely the former.

Also check the instructions for using the custom driver provided by Innovelli. Red Series Dimmer Switch • Setup Instructions • Hubitat | Inovelli Help Center

1 Like