Arlo integration

Hello so with stringify shutting down I am looking at alternatives. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if hubitat is capable of the following tasks.

When motion ends on one of my cameras the video is automatically uploaded to my google drive.
When motion is detected my philips hue light is turned on for 30 seconds and then turns off. If this can be done what is the delay? IFTTT I have tried and the delay from detection to activation is far too long.

Thanks.

I don’t know much about Arlo, but the Hue integration for HE runs on your LAN and can do what you’re asking with no delay.

Edit: I should clarify that if you’re using a hue motion sensor currently, I believe you’d have to reset it and pair it directly with the HE hub.

Also unsure on Arlo. I use Alexa routines to get those results from ring though. I'd eventually like to throw those out and go self hosted with blue iris. Can use that with hubitat. The motion anyway.

I found an unofficial api here:

Was able to use postman to authenticate but not to do any further queries. Did not pursue it all that much though.

1 Like

Whoa, does this mean that someone could put together an interface to HE that would give us SmartThings level of control over Arlo? Camera on/off or custom modes would be amazing.

I would also be in for some Arlo integration....... Anyone?

Would really like to integrate my Arlo cameras.

After being on my 4th defective Netgear Nighthawk X10 router in a 12 month period, and how much of a PIA dealing with their support was each and every time, I personally won't buy/integrate anything Netgear related and advise anyone against purchasing their products at any chance.

1 Like

Good to know. I'm pretty impressed with the Wyze 2, especially considering the price. Running ethernet that I converted with USB connections on each end was simple too. You can of course buy purpose made extension cables for them, but those 6 other wires came in handy. I used two of them to connect to a doorbell button (never had one before) and soldered to the reed switch of a Xiaomi contact sensor on the other end. So now my doorbell is Alexa saying "Someone is at the door" and my Google Home Hub kicks in with a little jingle that ends when the front door is opened. I used two other wires in that same cable to give constant power to Xiaomi motion sensor right next to it.

Wyze has been busy. No extra money spent and they've added RTSP, and AI object detection is in beta right now. There's already Alexa Fire HD support (Echo Show too I think) and soon we'll have Google Home Hub support.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.