Arlo Camera Integration

Party foul

1 Like

@njschwartz Any update on the status of Arlo integration?

Thanks!

Awesome timing as I’ve just bought some Arlo bits to install, can’t wait to tie it all into Hubitat, have the auto arm/disarm working really well with Honebridge/Hubitat, so would be great to let that control the Arlo status too. Not to mention sirens, and notifications. Exciting times!

This is my biggest regret leaving wink2 to hubitat. I like to trigger cameras based on motion from my ring. And from contact sensors or garage door events. And vice versa. Instead of buying redundant motion sensors to put next to my $200 cameras I'd rather just go back to wink or smartthings

You can get Arlo motion triggers from IFTTT. Ok, it's via the Cloud but so was Arlo through Wink right?

Wink was quicker. Ifttt is spotty. I also used HA with wink.

Either way I'd rather not have a third party work around. As it is now I have tons of virtual switches created as workarounds via alexa and rule machine. I just should've thought it out more before I switched.

Amen to that. Hopefully @njschwartz will work us all a nice solution :smile:

1 Like

I'm also interested on the integration :slight_smile:

+1 for Arlo integration. It's pretty much the only thing I haven't been able to migrate over from ST (IFTTT method notwithstanding).

I am definitely going to miss this integration that I have on Wink (turn on lights when the Arlo cameras detect motion). So I guess I need some of those $15 motion sensors that were mentioned earlier. But where to find them? The ones I see on amazon that seem to be compatible are a lot more than $15.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Other-Smart-Home-Electronics/185065/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=alex_sari

1 Like

Welcome, Eddy. You want the Iris 3326-L1. Plenty of us have bought from this vendor.

2 Likes

It’s been a while since you mentioned that Arlo integration was coming along. Any updates regarding the status and when this might be released? IFTTT is just way too slow to get access to camera motion in HE

Agreed! Very keen to find a better solution too!

Split a pack of 10 with a friend, and so far, they are working great (the few I've used).

1 Like

+1 to the pool of people waiting for Arlo integration

+1 ... I'm not missing out on much by not having it, but I would use it if it were available.

Would like this too … I'm still using Arlos and will continue seeing as I paid so much for them .. would be good to have Hubitat integration for motion. This worked with Wink and had some usefulness.

I'd love some integration too but I just experimented with a virtual switch connected to ifttt and then a rule that flips that switch in ifttt on Arlo motion. Then created a rule machine rule to flip switch off in X seconds as a kind of Retrigger. Then set a notifier to message phone via hubitat app on motion detected and I swear the hubitat notification is only a few hundred milliseconds slower then the Arlo notification. Arlo really is slow lol.

3 Likes

Also just about got Arlo motion to trigger Hubitat rules via IFTTT, nice!
But proper integration would sure be awesome.

IFTTT integration will let me Arm or Disarm arlo, but it can;t cope with 2 armed modes (armed-all, armed-external).
Might experiment with HE motion sensors triggering Arlo recordings over IFTTT but all the internal cameras should only record when HE mode is Away. More virtual devices to the rescue...

....some time later......

That worked pretty well actually. (now Arlo have fixed their bug)
HSM intrusion-delay Alerts flipped a virtual switch - IFTTT triggered all Arlo cameras to record.
The 1 minute max recording seems a bit limited when youve got a break in - I guess I could keep triggering the switch once a minute to work around that.
So now I have HSM triggered cameras. Nice. Would be even better with direct integration.