Arlo Camera Integration

C) All of the above.

NodeRed has various types of nodes to do various things. If you want to code your own logic, you could use the Function node that accepts Javascript. Or, you could do everything using just nodes. Switch nodes are IF statements, so on and so forth. Most nodes have configuration panels that are triggered when you drop the node onto the canvas or you double-click it.

sounds easy enough. I did some C+ years ago, I have some SQL experience, HTML , PHP, Linux stuff and I am messing with Python in my spare time...LOL Granted what I do during the day is all predefined blocks to drag and drop to create logic between my I/O

That's kind of what NodeRed is, in a sense. For instance, I have a flow at work that starts my MySQL backups, archives the backup to a .tar file and then transfers that tar file to our offsite storage. Finally, it sends notifications to the DB team with progress and completion through Slack. I didn't have to write a single line of code to do any of that.

Nice
I might have my NodeRed built before my HE ships

1 Like

I just wanted to throw out there that there is hope on Arlo integration, not official that I am aware of, but I am working on something. This is something I have wanted since I got my hubitat too and finally have had time to work on. It for sure can be done via a raspberry pi middleman and if need be that is what I will build, but @chuck.schwer is working on adding a bit of functionality to the eventStream interface that should make it work with just the install of a device handler. I will keep you posted, but will hopefully have something soonish :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Chuck has made some updates to the event stream that will go live with one of the next updates. From there I should be able to get things functioning. Cannot wait!!

1 Like

if you need beta testers, let me know

I am sure I will. As soon as I can I will get something available to test. Thanks!!

1 Like

Yes yes please add me for testing.....

I'm just waiting for the 2.4 update which should add the changes I need to get it going. I'll keep you guys informed one I can try it. Thanks!

4 Likes

Add me for testing too please. I have an Arlo system with 5 cameras. Cheers.

Will do. Looking forward to getting to work and testing when the 2.1.4 update is released.

2 Likes

Hi, I will gladly test it for you as well. :+1:

1 Like

I'll be tracking this thread closely. I have yet to invest in any camera stuff, but I love Arlo, and today, as I was taking to my wife about my new alarm integration project, she asked, "are we going to get cameras?". Turns out, she had been wondering why were the only people around without them. Fun!

I freaking love Hubitat and this community, guys. :+1:

3 Likes

If we can also find a way to get images/grabs into dashboards that will be even more cool!

If my plans work that shouldn't be an issue. The api provides urls for snapshots and such so getting them a putting them on a dashboard should be doable. Looking forward to getting down to the real work once the update is out!

5 Likes

Good new all!! Hubitat gave me access to the beta for the next update to get working on this project and so far it appears to connect and work just as it should. I can connect to the event stream and get all of the events (motion, media uploads, etc).

There is still a ton of work to do as far as adding code to create child devices and adding controls to arm/disarm, siren, etc and I ma not sure if there will be variations with different cameras to deal with as of yet. Just wanted everyone to know that progress is being made though and hopefully soon we will have good control of our Arlo cameras in HE

10 Likes

That is freaking awesome!

Uhhh. you mean HE? :grimacing::rofl:

2 Likes

OMG yes!!!! How embarrassing...

1 Like