Are TUYA Zigbee devices supported? (dont care bout app or cloud)

I'm a z-wave guy but it seems the only widely available option around me are Zigbee 3.0 stuffs, tuya in particular.

So I was just wondering if Tuya's 3.0 Zigbee is compatible with our Hubitat...

I see lots of posts around here bout being compatible with the TUya APP and all.. i really don't care for that, i dont want to use their app. i just care about the devices working with my existing hubitat hub.

Im interested mostly on contact sensors , plugs, and relays.. and perhaps some buttons.

I have several Tuya Zigbee 3.0 repeaters and other Zigbee 3.0 sensors and found all to work natively with Hubitat. I can’t speak to the switches Tuya however as I don’t have any. I suspect they would work.

2 Likes

A lot of Tuya Zigbee devices are supported directly in HE, either by the built-in stock drivers or by community drivers. And this list is growing...
If you have a particular Tuya device in mind, let us know which is it and we would probably help locating the right driver for it.

2 Likes

thanks guys, will dive into tuya then :slight_smile: happy new year to all

1 Like

The Tuya devices are standard Zigbee 3.0, so they should work with Hubitat....IF you can find a suitable driver.

I have a Tuya vibration sensor. I finally got it to work using a Konke motion sensor driver; go figure. I have several Moe's (Tuya technology) water leak sensors that work with the generic moisture sensor driver.

As time goes on we will probably see most of the Tuya Zigbee devices supported. Until then, you might need to get creative. Good luck! If you are successful, be sure to tell others what you did. Many of the Tuya devices appear to be well designed and are reasonably priced. My Moe's leak sensors are IP67 waterproof for example. Many leak sensors are not waterproof so if they are flooded, they will be damaged.

2 Likes

Hey, hope you don't mind me jumping into this thread. I'm interested in this TuyaZigbee device. It is scene remote. Basically a 4 button remote that also supports double click and long press.

Description says it has an LED screen but what it displays is not specified.

Link to Amazon listing.

Any pointers or thoughts appreciated.

A little more info. I'm trying to replace an old Honeywell thermostat that also has a remote thermostat so you can switch the thermostat to read the temperature in the bedroom at night. Ideally it would be possible to push some numbers to the display.
Press #1 to display the current setpoint
Press #2 to reduce the setpoint by 1 degree and then display the new setpoint.
Press #3 to increase the setpoint by 1 degree and then display the new setpoint.
Press #4, well who knows but I can't have a button and not program in some kind of purpose. :grinning:

These remotes are supported in Hubitat, but only in a 'scene control mode' - single, double and long press for each of the 4 buttons. The long-press event is generated with a 2-3 seconds delay,

You could use it to control a thermostat - switch it on, off 1 degree up/down, etc... but not for showing the setpoint. What is called "LED display screen" is actually a simple single LED, that flashes when a button is pressed. Overall, these remotes don't feel like a quality premium product IMO.

1 Like

Just FYI that I received this and for $20 I actually rather like it. It's only about 4" long and feels pretty good in the hand, the picture makes it look bigger than it is. Also, the buttons are rubberized and have a positive action. If anyone does buy one and read this I found the button presses were not always received by the hub right after it first paired. After leaving it for a day so the zigbee could settle it has been 100%. Note that the driver does not seem to support the battery charge level.

1 Like

I recently purchase the Tuya Zigbee 3.0 water valve controller and the smart motorized blinds/shades controller. I was able to pair them with HE, however, the hub cannot identify their device profiles, and thus they don't work. I currently have the latest HE C8. Does it support any Tuya devices directly? TIA.

Hi Bruce,

Tuya is not a direct manufacturer of all Tuya-labeled devices, but is more of an IoT development platform, that allows hundreds of other smaller companies to design, develop and produce smart devices which can go on the market extremely fast, using Tuya cloud platform and SmartLife mobile app.

A lot of Tuya-based devices will work with Hubitat, however, because there are hundreds of manufacturers selling new (or just white-labeled) products it is almost impossible to keep the HE updated with the new fingerprints. Hubitat however allows easy change of the device drivers.

As an example, if you have a Tuya contact sensor that was not recognized automatically, manually change the device driver to "Generic Zigbee Contact Sensor". For the mains-powered devices it may be enough to click on the 'Configure' button. For most of the battery-powered devices however you must pair the device again to HE. The previously manually selected driver will initialize the device properly and there is a very good chance that this Tuya device will work with some of the HE inbuilt drivers. Just experiment to find the proper one - 'Generic Zigbee Multi-Endpoint Switch' driver for mult-gang wall switches, 'Generic Zigbee Motion Sensor' for Tuya PIR sensors, etc... For your Tuya water valve controller you can try the HE inbuilt 'Sinope Water Valve' driver.

However, not all Tuya-platform devices respect the Zigbee ZHA / ZCL standards. For a lot of such devices, there may be custom/community drivers developed already, which you can find by searching this forum.

You need to identify your Zigbee devices first. All Zigbee devices are identified by their Model and Manufactuer. If the unknown device was successfully paired to HE, you can see this information in the device web page, Device Details -> Data section :

Copy the manufacturer value, in our case _TZE200_68nvbio9 and paste it into the forum search field (the magnifier glass ) and hit Enter :

If your device has been used by other Hubitat users, there is a very good chance that the search will show some forum threads which will point you to the right driver,

Good luck! : )

1 Like

Thank you for your quick reply. I actually have 2 of these water valve controllers.
I tried your instructions and I managed to get 1 of them working now.

The one that's working is * manufacturer: _TZ3000_iedbgyxt.
The one that is not is * manufacturer: _TZ3000_5ucujjts.

1 Like

Seems like _TZ3000_5ucujjts suffers from the current HE C-8 hub incompatibility problems with some new Zigbee 3.0 devices - see this post .

At the moment there is nothing that can be done on a user driver level, we are waiting for Hubitat team to find a solution on the platform level.

1 Like

Thank you for the update.