Are these Gledopto Zigbee 3.0 bulbs going to work?

Yes, I believe so. I bought some Gledopto zigbee lamps similar to these that said they worked with Hue and are zigbee v3.0 and they work fine with both Hue and with HE. So I reckon you will be ok with these.

2 Likes

I believe that yes. I have several Gledopto devices: 14 bulbs zigbee 3.0 Smart LED Pro and two zigbee LED stripe drivers. The bulbs work very well with HE, but now I'm using it through a Phillips Hue bridge to keep the stability of Hubitat's zigbee mesh.

Exactly what I'm doing too!

2 Likes

Why does using the Hue bridge make the Hubitat mesh more stable?

Many Zigbee bulbs are notoriously problematic on the Zigbee "mesh" on HE. By putting those bulbs on a Hue bridge, it removes them from the "mesh" and onto the "mesh" provided by the Hue hub. They don't seem to cause a problem there.

1 Like

As an FYI, newer zigbee 3.0 bulbs work well without disrupting Hubitat’s zigbee mesh.

Even cheap eWeLink and Tuya bulbs!

The bulbs work well but now I need a 2nd Hue Bridge due to device quantity :slight_smile:

1 Like

The good news with the Hue hub is they can be picked up quite cheap new and especially 2nd hand.

FYI in the USA, the last time I tried my Hue hub wouldn't connect any other bulbs outside of HUE. I think it's different outside the USA

There are no such restrictions here, I have my Hue hub controlling a mix of Hue, IKEA, Osram, and lately some no-name 'Hue compatible' color bulbs. The bulbs are in 5 different rooms, no dedicated repeaters - works rock solid!

1 Like