Aqara vs Xiaomi motion sensors

@rhodesda

Just wanted to add one tip that you may be unaware of. From what I've read, it is a good idea to have one repeater for every 6-8 zigbee end-devices like the Xiaomi Mijia/Aqara sensors. Also, both the Tradfri outlet and the USB repeater function as zigbee repeaters for Aqara/Mijia sensors.

2 Likes

FWIW, I have a bunch of Xiaomi devices (including "original" mijia motion sensors) and no issues whatsoever with connectivity and no dedicated repeaters at all. I'm using Gledopto zigbee lamps and since they are powered they are acting as repeaters and seem to be doing a fine job with all the Xiaomi kit.

2 Likes

The one with the M on top(mejia) gave me issues, the 2 other aqara sensors I'm still using and they work fine.
I only have xiaomi compatible routers and have 4 xbees to boost zigbee everywhere.
Maybe my mejia motion sensor is bad, but for me, it's a fail, would not stay connected

Could be. My Mijia motion sensors are the only ones that will stay paired to HE! Try a factory reset and new battery too. It seems like battery level might be a factor with the check-in frequency.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.