Aqara TZ-005 water sensor with C8

Will Aqara TZ-005 work with C8?
I need to replace few failed SmartThings Water Sensors with whatever good one working with C8.
I searched forum and web but did not find an answer.

There are at least 3 different versions of Aqara water sensors, and the first two are supported by the existing community drivers. ‘TZ-005’ however does not match the usual Aqara product pattern… can you give some more details?

I did not buy that one. Instead a bought couple supported sensors.
Model number on a back of the sensor is : SJCGQ11LM
Just in case, Hubitat Data is"

And Current States are:

And driver is "Xiaomi Aqara Mijia Sensors and Switches"

1 Like

TZ-005 is the product number for the 3 pack. I can't confirm it is 3 of the SJCGQ11LM but they look identical.

Thank you @vitaliy_kh and @darren.larkins

I picked up a TZ-005 and can validate that it is a box containing SJCGQ11LM Devices.

When pairing, it defaulted to a Sonoff button device. It kinda worked a little. Got “ is open” messages in the log when it was wet. Never saw a “is closed” message so don’t think that driver will be of much use.

Also tried a generic “Zigbee contact sensor (no temperature)”. No luck with that either.

Where did you find the "Xiaomi Aqara Mijia Sensors and Switches", @vitaliy_kh ?
Has the device been performing well for you?

Much appreciate the help!

@drubdrub have you tried this driver ?

Sorry @kkossev missed your mesg.

Yes, sure did. Tried 2 of the 3 units with no joy using that driver. :frowning_face:

This is yet another data point for me to conclude that my HE has failed. There are so many weird symptoms of stuff not working, including the HE crashing. All that is for another thread.

Thank you for the suggestion and the code! For now, no water detectors.