Aqara Opple buttons dead

Friends, I bought an Aqara Opple and installed the Zigbee drive - Xiaomi/Aqara/Opple Button/Switch/Remote, it claims as a gift but the buttons are inoperative. Some help?

This is a common problem. I'm fighting the same problem. The switch will look dead, but after some fiddling with battery it will come back. Which driver did you load?
There is a good thread with lots of info.
Read here:

Hubitat has found the device, it appears to be present, but the buttons do not react. The driver I used is written above.

1 Like

I have several of these buttons (4-way and 6-way). Once up and running properly they're great. They've never dropped off or needed re-pairing. They also have excellent battery life - all mine are still reporting 100% after nearly a year. It does bear mentioning that all my repeaters are Ikea Tradfri.

They are notoriously difficult to pair properly. They show up as paired but no button presses are registered. Just keep removing the partially paired device, and trying again. You might get lucky after one or two tries. I've had one pair first time, whereas other have taken up to 15 attempts.

1 Like

Okay, thanks, I'll try, I've tried it like five times.

Just went through this . If button 1 turns on all zigbee devices, it hasn't been initialized correctly. Took me 5 days of messing with it, over 20 pair attempts, but once paired the battery life is incredible. It will sometimes act like the battery is dead, no lights at all. Holding the rear button for 10 seconds is factory reset.
Ditto on everything @ChrisPowys said.

1 Like

This sounds very similar to the Lightify 4-button switches. I paired 10 of them to a brand new HE before I added any repeaters, but could never get them to pair completely on my other HE. They’ve been working perfectly now for over 2 years and some I just finally had to replace the battery. I think some of these devices have so much info for configuration that they don’t complete if there is any other Zigbee traffic.
I just realized that I bought the second hub just because it was a lot cheaper than replacing the button controllers, and now I have 80 Zigbee devices on it in addition to the devices on my original hub (and I also have 2 Hue bridges now).

I've tried it like 30 times, it goes to the drawer until I get patience with it.

if you have another hub, try to pair it there. This device is very odd, but once you get it connected, it sticks like glue and battery life is incredible

1 Like

And as Rxich mentioned (and I had forgotten about) pressing the button on the back for about 10 seconds factory resets the unit. I did this reset after each unsuccessful pairing.

I will try a few more times later. I'll let you know the result

1 Like

I finally managed to make the buttons work. The secret is in holding the reset for ten seconds without being in pairing mode. It will blink 10 times. Then press the reset button and put it in pairing mode. On the second try I got it.

Tell me you didn't want to bash it with a hammer...
It was so frustrating, I'm not even sure what finally did it. I was like a squirrel on crack, mashing those buttons, clicking "start zigbee pairing", fast battery swaps while pairing, holding all the buttons, only holding odd numbered buttons, double click, triple click, tried pairing on top of the hub.
I think the next time the battery dies I'd be better off replacing the entire thing.

I did the same thing, glad it worked.