Aqara FP2 presence sensor

Hi guys, so theres a bit of traffic on this forum regards the Aqara's FP2 presence sensor..lots of long threads. A few quest if anyone can help

• is this product ZigBee
  • I'd there an effective driver in HE
  • as above, does the driver work like the aware app where zones etc can be mapped in a room
  • does this work on a C7 and a C8 (I'm looking to upgrade)

No, it is WiFi. It does support Apple HomeKit over WiFi.

There is no driver for Hubitat that allows the Aqara FP2 to be added to Hubitat. However, there are some workarounds that are discussed in the FP2 threads.

I am using Home Assistant as a bridge between my FP2 and Hubitat hub.

4 Likes

This is the first time where I've really thought that there needs to be an Aqara integration. Aqara have some really neat gear out there @bobbyD. There are so many users which would benefit from tapping into an Aqara hub :+1:

And you are definitely not the first person to ask for this. Matter will make this possible to a certain degree when Aqara releases the capability with their current hub. Next Aqara hub will also be a Thread Border Router.

1 Like

I've not dabbled with HA but I'm teetering ATM. I've spent 2 years getting WAF with HE so im a bit scared of bringing something new on board.

So do the Aqara devices work seamlessly with HA? Also just a quick overview, what are the advantages of HA and does it work locally?

Seamless once setup. HA is local. Advantages are many. Huge list of Zigbee devices possible, and cloud integrations too if you like.

Combined with HE, it’s an almost endless number of possibilities. All very stable if you approach it the right way.

2 Likes