Aqara FP1 and P1 motion sensors

I don't know about pushing the button being effective. I had to join again to get it to stick. Haven't messed with it since last time. The settings are the same as I left them last (High sensitivity, and 30 second reset).

UPDATE: I was able to get the settings to stick. I went into the Zigbee2Mqtt from the sidebar, clicked on the the Aqara P1 in my list of Z2M devices, selected the "Exposes" tab, and then changed the settings, and then hit the set button on the back of the P1 within 10 seconds (you may have a little longer than that but if I waited too long it gave me an error saying it timed out). After I pressed the set button on the P1 the light flashed blue and the settings were saved.

3 Likes

Anyone manage to get the P1 to work directly with Hubitat yet? Just had one delivered.

1 Like

I think you’re going to want to get HA and Home Assistant Device Bridge going. It has not gone over well

But it works with Zigbee2MQTT on HA and I bring that back into Hubitat. I know people are resistant to adding another hub for Aqara devices, but you can use all of them with Hubitat without worrying about drops or other issues. Plus you can use a ton of other devices and cloud only integrations beyond Aqara. It’s easily the best addition to my Hubitat hubs that I’ve ever made.

5 Likes

what's stopping you from switching to HA completely?

Just ordered my P1.

I like new challenges ... :grin:

4 Likes

Several reasons. I don’t like YAML and if your automations get really complex like mine sometimes do, you’ll be using YAML, guaranteed. I find Hubitat Rule Machine and Basic Rules very easy to work with.

I also have a lot of Pico switches and the integration with Hubitat is very good. I have a lot of Insteon devices too. The community integration with Hubitat is a lot more responsive and never gets stuck like it can in HA. Hue integration, better Z-Wave integration (if I want to expand my Z-Wave in the future, which isn’t likely but that’s beside the point :smile:), and I prefer the Homebridge integration on Hubitat versus the built-in integration in Home Assistant.

Hub Mesh is also great and helps distribute loads. Backup/Restore is superior on Hubitat. Free Alexa and Google Home integration and many other smaller but none the less significant reasons. Keeping HA limited to the role of a device bridge serves my needs and wants very well.

5 Likes

What are you running home assistant on?

I'm running Home Assistant Supervisor on an Odroid XU4 with Armbian Buster as the OS.

1 Like

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Quad Core 8GB (now double the price I paid for it) with a SanDisk 256GB High Endurance microSD and this Akasa Gem Pro case.

I run HA Supervised so that I have the Add-On store. So setup was just image the microSD card and go. Simple.

2 Likes

Thanks. Is there a “non supervisor” version of HA? If so, what’s the difference?

I think HAOS (Home Assistant OS) is the recommended choice, especially if you have supported hardware. In any event, you read about the installation choices and a comparison of them here.

3 Likes

Thanks!

No, the old Aqara sensor ( lumi.sensor_motion.aq2 ) detects and sends a motion event every 5 seconds! It's damn fast in motion detection, faster than the other motion sensors that I have,

1 Like

Great to hear Krassimir, as I have 5 pieces of the new P1 for which I do not have correct working drivers (without going the HA route) and I know what you created for the Tuya plugs :+1:. So hopefully you will succeed with creating or finishing an correct driver for this with all the settings possible, I will be happy to test and create some logs when you need them.

For the aqara sensors, I also bought an aqara M1S hub, does anyone know of an M1S hub integration for Hubitat or should I not go that route?

1 Like

I meant this

1 Like

These are my P1 settings available from Aqara home app

First successful tests: :grinning:

3 Likes

I have one ready for testing if you need a tester!

:grin:

2 Likes

I will be traveling in the next 2 days, but I am pretty confident now that I will be able to publish the first version of the P1 driver for testing this weekend. Thank you for your kind proposal :slight_smile:

7 Likes