Aqara FP1 and P1 motion sensors

Hi @HobbesIL,

The logs above show a normal operation of your P1 sensor... The device reports back a successful configuration: 60 seconds reporting interval, low sensitivity, and LED blinking is disabled. Motion detection is also reported OK.

What problem you are referring to? Please describe it in more detail.

The only strange thing that I see is that the battery voltage and the battery levels are reported as too low. For a new unit the battery voltage should be above 3 volts, but your device is showing 2.915 V. I have seen problems with the batteries that come with cheap motion sensors from China... Do you have a pair of new battery cells that you can replace the ones that came with the device?

The activity is triggering a motion event every every 60 seconds, I repaired the devices several times and put them on the hub. The false triggers have since gone away thanks to your directions in the previous posts.

I'm seeing this with both of my FP1s: they never report temperature after the initial pairing.

Unplugging it for 1 minute made it report a temperature when it powered back on.

not really helpfull.. need it to report temp regularly

1 Like

I did the same thing w/my FP1. Temp adjusted to a new value but has stayed put since the power cycle. Will monitor to see if the temp changes over the course of the night/day. If successful then the 1 min. power cycle trick will work for me.

no already tried that.. only reports temp on startup

Hmmm. Guess I'll watch this thread for any updates. Still learning the ins & outs of the FP1 but enjoying the HA journey.

I wouldn't rely too heavily on the temp sensor... Mine was off by at least 10 F. (I know there's an offset, but who knows what it's reporting on - aside from kkossev stating it was chip temp :rofl:).

I will make the temperature reporting optional in the next update, disabled by default.

windark776 3 mo. ago

FP1β€˜s temperature sensor is only for monitoring the temperature for the chips, not for the envirionments.

The official app doesn't show the temperature feature at all.

3 Likes

I can only get the P1 sensor added for some reason. The Fp1 goes into pairing mode, HE says it's found a device but the timer runs down and indicates not paired. I've tried with multiple Fp1 sensors. Any thoughts? I'm stumped. Thanks so much for any help.

Are you pairing the FP1s very close to the hub (at a distance 1 meter or less ) ?
Reboot your hub first and try pairing again.

Thanks for the response. Yup I'm right next to the hub and tried rebooting as well. Same problem each time.

What is the Zigbee channel configured on your hub? ( Settings -> Zigbee Details )
Is your hub updated to one of the latest platform versions?

Observe the Zigbee logging in a new browser tab ( Settings -> Zigbee Details -> Zigbee Logging). Whan you try to pair the device to HE, do you see a new/unknown device traffic on this page?

Currently running version 2.3.4.117
I switch between various channels to see if that was the issue. Tried 23 then all the rest were below 20. My logs are all clear for some reason.

When you press the button at the back of the sensor to put it into pairing mode, you should see 3 quick flashes of the small blue LED. Release the button at this point. Do you see some additonal quick flashes of the LED a few seconds later, while the sensor is pairing to HE?

That's correct. It double flashes and repeated while trying to be paired. But midst pairing, it stops flashing despite the hub saying that a device has been located. The timer runs out and you get the usual prompt about strengthening your mesh

I have run out of ideas..

You can check and try the approach in this post : Aqara FP1 and P1 motion sensors - #238 by jonathanb

It's just the opposite of what works for me - pairing the FP1 sensor near a known good Zigbee repeater, instead of in close proximity to he HE hub. But it worked for Jonathan, you could give it a try.

Unfortunately don't have one of those :frowning:

Was it connected before in a different place?

Anyway do not lose hope. The first one connected in my home strait away. The second one took 30 minutes. The third one took two hours of frustration.
Try different locations in the house. Take it off main power for ten minutes. Go out for a smoke. Try looking a Chinese websites for solutions.
Not necessarily in this order. But eventually it will join. Don’t ask me how I know. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes