Aqara FP1 and P1 motion sensors

That's correct. It double flashes and repeated while trying to be paired. But midst pairing, it stops flashing despite the hub saying that a device has been located. The timer runs out and you get the usual prompt about strengthening your mesh

I have run out of ideas..

You can check and try the approach in this post : Aqara FP1 and P1 motion sensors - #238 by jonathanb

It's just the opposite of what works for me - pairing the FP1 sensor near a known good Zigbee repeater, instead of in close proximity to he HE hub. But it worked for Jonathan, you could give it a try.

Unfortunately don't have one of those :frowning:

Was it connected before in a different place?

Anyway do not lose hope. The first one connected in my home strait away. The second one took 30 minutes. The third one took two hours of frustration.
Try different locations in the house. Take it off main power for ten minutes. Go out for a smoke. Try looking a Chinese websites for solutions.
Not necessarily in this order. But eventually it will join. Don’t ask me how I know. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

I had one of my FP1's that refused to pair.. and had to give up. Incredibly frustrating but I think it was a hardware issue, the LED wasn't turning on etc. It could also be that the timing for pairing/reset whatever is far too tight meaning you have to hit it exactly at the right time..

Nope. I never got it paired other than to the aqara camera hub unfortunately. Wondering if it's a location restriction issue. I'm from the Caribbean.

Tried this too. Doesn't work lol. But I'm happy you got it added.

1 Like

Unfortunately I never did.. :frowning_face:

Providing the sensors are not defective and you are Apple products user : ) , there is an easy way to bring the FP1 occupancy status now in Hubitat.
FP1 -> Aqara E1 hub -> HomeKit -> virtual switch + 2 rules -> Hubitat

1 Like

I generally try not to use any 3rd party hubs if I can help it - would probably go with Home Assistant if I had to. Your drivers are working great for my other FP1s (many thanks!!) so the problem is likely a faulty device.

2 Likes

Update. So it now worked. I shut down the hub for about 8 hours and restarted just now. It paired immediately. Can't say directly what the issue is or was nor did I try to pair another Fp1 sensor. The one that wasn't working for hours now worked immediately though. No factory reset or anything done differently.

3 Likes

I am glad to hear that it worked for you!

Was the FP1 sensor powered on in the last 8 hours?

Both were left off.
I need to do some read up on the configurations and how to utilize in automations though since both are reading as a motion sensor although one determines presence. I cant select the presence sensor option.

Just use the motion attribute in your automations, like all other motion sensors (PIR).
I don't see any particular benefits of using the 'presence' attribute, it just represents some internal FP1 logic and is slower to fire up if compared to the digital motion attribute logic.

4 Likes

Probably silly question but how do I change this value. Still new to all this stuff.

What, in particular, are you wanting to change?

@martin.machacek.cz thank you for the report, this and some other minor bugs should be fixed in the dev. branch version 1.2.3 timeSTamp 2022/12/04 9:59 AM. You can download it from the link in this post :

or even faster, by clicking on the "Import" button inside the HE driver editor.

I had to add a hardcoded '"100% battery level" for FP1 to get rid of the HomeKit's low battery warning. If the sensor goes offline for more than 3 hours by any reason, the battery level is forced to 0 (zero) and the batterySource attribute is forced to 'unknown'. These can be used to trigger notifications/alarms, although my FP1 has never left the Zigbee network since installed before several months.

In HomeKit Integration (beta) make sure the temperature and the illuminance are not exported, use just the Motion sensor capability :

The temperature sensor readings are now made configurable and disabled by default.

1 Like

how about not hardcoding or updating battery if power source is dc?

also when i updated the driver the distance reset from far to medium?\

last question is it reqally get a temp report from the device or just re-reporting the startup value because it never seems to change.. appears to me it is not really getting a temp report from the device

1 Like

Hi @kahn-hubitat ,

Unfortunately, in HE drivers it is not possible to dynamically enable/disable device capabilities. If this was possible (like in the SmartThings new Edge drivers) then the Battery capability could be disabled for the DC powered sensors and would not confuse the HomeKit integration displaying 'low battery' warnings.

Supporting different drivers for each different device is very time-consuming and practically impossible, so exposing additional attributes that are not used by a particular device is the compromise that we have to live with.

The bug in the "approachDistance" preference was that the codes were misplaced by 1:

old versions (wrong)   :  version 1.2.3 
-----------               -------------
not available             far     (correct)
far                       medium  (correct)
medium                    near    (correct)
near ( didn't work)       -

On the temperature reporting - it is definitely not a bug in the driver, but most probably a bug in Aqara firmware, as exactly the same problem is reported when using Home Assistant Z2M - one link is here, but the same problem was mentioned in other posts in Github.