Aqara FP1 and P1 motion sensors

I am putting the sensor on top of the HE hub... and I've tried maybe 10-15x. If this is expected and normal, then I'll just keep trying until it works. Just making sure that the errors are expected when there is a pairing issue.

Also i think is saw issues with Channel 21 and above. I'm on 20.

Normally it is enough to pair it about 1 meter from the hub… and 2..3 attempts.

Please make a screenshot of the device web page ‘Data’ section.

I do find it odd the manufacturer and model isn't populating like i see in other's log outputs

Your device has not passed the initial Zigbee pairing to HE succesfuly by some reason... The manufacturer and the model values are empty.

The Data section should have at least these 4 values populated :

Click om the "REMOVE DEVICE" at the bottom of the FP1 web page, and then pair it again to HE.

I got as far as it populating manufacturer...but not model.. now it wont pair at all. I'll try again after a few. I think my HE is mad at me. :slight_smile:

So got it paired.. had to do a factory reset..which the procedure was tough to find.
press and hold the button for 10 seconds.. release press and hold for 5 seconds. I had to use a timer to get the timing right.

3 Likes

That's very useful information, thanks for sharing it!

Hi there, First of all I want to thank you for driver for FP1 sensor. I have question about temperature measurement.
Motion/present seems to work well. But measuring of temperature doesn't work for me. After pairing it shows temperature but after that it stay on this value and never change. I try to re-pair but it does the same (maybe with different initial value). Am I doing something wrong or temperature measurement isn't finished yet?

1 Like

Hi Martin, thanks for pointing this. I check my FP1 sensor and yes, the temperature stays 21 deg. since the last 2 days which is definitely not correct. I haven’t looked at the temperature readings for a long time, as I know it is not very accurate (this is not a true temperature sensor, but one integrated on the silicon chip). Anyway, something is not OK with the temperature readings. For sure, it was changing up/down when I was developing the driver….

Can you check if there will be any changes if you power down the device for 1 minute and then power it on again?

Hi, I tried to power it down and up and the temperature changed.
I will try once more on morning, it should be colder and I will see if temperature will changed during the night.

same termp never changes from startup

My FP1 does report temp changes. Not sure it is the right temp :laughing: but it does report changes.
I moved it lately a couple of times and it seems it report temp after in reconnects.
Have a look:

and then again:

and again:

and then no reports while connected for 24 hours

One more thing I just noticed on my other FP1 sensor.
In the log file I can see a temp record but it is not showing as an Event. Is it expected ?
Log file:

Event list:

Thank you so much! I ordered a P1 as I thought it will run the same driver as my previous Aqara sensors. So thank you so much for your effort on this driver.

Only issue: The motion sensor is always blinking when detecting a motion. Also disabling it in the preferences does not change this. Any ideas? :slight_smile:

Mike

You need to press shortly the pairing button on the device at the same time when you click on the Save Preferences,

Ahhh great thanks!

Hello, I noticed another anomality. When I want to set "Approach distance" to "Near" it doesn't change. "Far and "Medium can be saved OK. But when I save "near" value it stays on previous saved value.

1 Like

Sounds like a bug… to be checked, confirmed and fixed as time allows.

1 Like

Please see follow up post below,

Have any idea what I have done wrong here? I am about to return all 4 sensors.
I have paired and repaired them and read this entire thread, put it by the hub, tested a second unit and same behavior. I struggle with dyslexia so I took notes and drew a map to help with the directions. I have no idea what I am screwing up, I am also getting a red light after pairing which I have never seen before from any of these sensors. Any input from you or the community would be appreciated.