Aqara Devices

Has anyone worked out the Aqara door bell G2 integration with Hubitat, I don't have any skills to be able to work that out. And in fact all of Aqara devices are very reasonable cost wise and I have many of them it would be nice to see them in the list of approved devices. I have worked arounds like virtual switches and using my C7 which they still will pair with them and using a Hub mesh, but that requires a lot more maintenance then I would like. The C8 hub doesn't always play nice with the older versions of Aqara, the P1 is fine but all the other not so much. It would be a nice addition if possible of integrations.

You are not going to get that with the current generation of Aqara devices. Perhaps you will get connectivity via Matter and your C8 hub by connecting to a Matter capable Aqara hub, but that’s not a reality yet.

If you want to use just about any Aqara device you want today, the best way right now is to add HA with Z2M, and then use Home Assistant Device Bridge to bring the device status back to your Hubitat hub.

2 Likes

I guessed that as much I do have HA running with Maker API and Hubitat, there dashboards are much better than Hubitat. There is no perfect system, so right now Hubitat, because of the integration with zwave zigbee, HA for the ability to get better reporting, and HomeKit with the Hubitat integration for control of things with Apple iPads iPhones. Well I guess we can only hope that Matter will help with all these different hubs and integrations as time goes on.

2 Likes

I have all the you have plus, a Hue Bridge for my Zigbee bulbs, a Lutron Smart Bridge Pro for all my Picos, and an Insteon hub for my Insteon dimmers, which connect via a node.js app on the Mac that is also running Homebridge and my MQTT broker.

There are just a lot of parts you need if you really want the flexibilty to add anything you like. Matter might simplify all this, but my guess is that it won't for me. Knowing myself, I'll probably just add Matter on top of everything I already have to get something I don't even know I want yet.

What I like most about my current setup is it's stable, almost entirely local, and I can add devices like Aqara and IKEA without concern that they are going to be unreliable.

1 Like