Aqara Contact Sensors (Zigbee) stopped working after Power/Wifi Outage (Hubitat C7)

I have an Aqara Contact Sensor (yes I know) that was working perfectly fine for 8 months, but after a prolonged power / wifi outage, it stopped working. Battery level is 98-99% for all of them. I don't think its a range issue as it had been operating fine for 8 months. It was the power / prolonged wifi outage that took it out. I have tried changing the 2.4 GHz Wifi Channel to 1, and HE Channel to 22 but have not noticed any change.

Is there any simple solution besides individually factory resetting them, and setting them up from scratch?

Thanks in advance!

After having dealt with a 5 hour outage myself, I had to rediscover a few bulbs myself.

You can try just going to add devices and turning on discovery to see if the hub picks them back up. If that doesn't work, just try discovering after putting them in pairing mode. In my experience, the first option works 99% of the time and the second works the other 1%. I don't think there's a need for a factory reset. But, I don't have aqara.

1 Like

Thanks! I did that but it still didn't work. Aqara is not really supported on HE, so it definitely is more challenging compared to other supported devices.

FYI for future readers:

I manually removed, factory resetted, and re-added all Aqara devices and they are working now.

1 Like