Apple iPad 5th Generation Wall Mount Dashboard Setup

I am going to use this eight inch iPad as a wall mount dashboard and want to know whether to use the Mobile App or a browser. I am going to use it with my home network POE switch using the POE to power the iPad. Also sizing the tiles since I made a dashboard using the default tile size. I am a new Hubitat user and would appreciate any tips or info. Thank you.

Either would work, but my opinion is that a browser would be better. I'm not sure what full-screen options are available for iOS, but even if you use Safari (built-in), there's going to be a lot less UI surrounding your dashboard than you'd get if you used the mobile app, where you'll always have at least the app navigation icons at the bottom, so you'd have more usable space for the dashboard tiles themselves. Both are free, so you could certainly see how much you mind either. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you. I will try the browser. I am unfamiliar with the Apple ecosystem so the Safari browser must be the best browser to use. Trial and error I suppose. I hear Sharp Tools is an option but I do not know much about it.

1 Like

This will give you a button on the home screen that will be a full screen version

2 Likes

I use a kiosk browser for my iPad, but more of a native feel. Search kiosk browser on App Store for options.

1 Like

You know IOS has Kiosk built in right?
I take that back, I haven't looked to see if it's in iPad OS yet, but I'd bet that it is.

1 Like

I will check since I am using the iPad for the first time... :grinning:

Yes, iOS/safari will let you have a whole screen web page but specifically locking it so the page canโ€™t be dismissed would need a kiosk browser app, I have small kids, theyโ€™d be playing angry birds on the touch screens in no time!

1 Like

Feel free to tag me if you have any questions. We've put a lot of focus on making it easy to build nice looking dashboards in SharpTools.io - not to mention all the neat features like calendars, news feeds, album art and more. :smiley:

1 Like