App type with namespace: hubitat and name: Rule-5.1 has parent type that does not match current app

Ok, cool. Just thought I'd check. Should probably leave it for the experts now, don't want to create too long a thread for them to read :slight_smile: Unless you have any other info you want to provide, don't hold back there, but I won't pepper you with too many more questions.

@bravenel

2 Likes

Since you have no rules yet, Have you tried removing the Rule Machine app and reinstalling it? Maybe even remove it, reboot, wait a few minutes, then install the app from the menu at the top.

4 Likes

@user7085, can you PM me the hub id? I'll take a look at the engineering logs.

3 Likes

Sent, thanks!

I'm having the same issue. A new C5 hub. Did the latest firmware update 2.3.6.146. I added Rule Machine and get the error 404 when I try to make a new rule. Tried removing Rule machine, reboot, reinstall. No love. Any suggestions?
Thanks

You will have to PM @gopher.ny your hub ID, I don't think a solution has been shared,

having the same issue, PM'd gopher ... hoping there's an easy fix for this, I'm dead in the water.

I too am facing this issue.

ISSUE RECAP

• I have an New App with a definition{...} section that DOES NOT include a parent key.
  • I want to use app.addChildApp(...) to create child New App instances under multiple Existing Apps.
  • I expect instance(s) of New App to appear as a child of any Existing App in which an instance(s) is created.
  • Unfortunately, calls to app.addChildApp(...) get an error which reports New App as missing the parent key (in its definition {...} section).

I DO NOT HAVE a fix for the underlying issue.

I DO HAVE a workaround. Basically, I do the following:

Step 1 - Convert New App to a New Library

• Set aside (remove) any #include directives from New Library, these are used below.

• Set aside the definition {...}, it is used below.

• Replace the definition {...} with library {...}, which has a similar structure

• Set aside the preferences {...}, it is used below.

• Leave all of your New App methods in New Library.
    Even the rendering | display functions can stay.

Step 2 - Create new Skinny Apps
The Skinny Apps will have names similar to New App.
For example: Incorporate the Parent App in the name.
Examples: NewAppW for parent W, NewAppX for parent X, ...

• Add the original New App #include directives to each Skinny App.

• Add the original New App definition {...} section to each Skinny App adding an appropriate parent key - e.g., parent: 'X', parent: 'Y', ...

• Add the original New App preferences {...} section from New App.

All methods in Skinny App are resolved from the #include of New Library. Optionally, you can tweak method names or behaviors if desired.

Step 3 - Cleanup and Installations

• Remove the original New App

• Add the New Library

• Add the new Skinny Apps

I too am having this issue. I recently replaced my C5 with a C7 I had as a spare. I would like to get my Christmas light app working soon. I've read there is a fix in beta. Hopefully they can release the fix soon.

I too am having this issue. I have two C-7 hubs, a new one I'm attempting to setup from scratch and another one I've had running for 3 years. Both are running on version 2.3.6.146, however only one being setup from scratch is having this problem with Rule Machine.

@bobbyD is this issue fixed in the current beta version? Or is there any other fix?

1 Like

Not sure if it is fixed. I'll check with @gopher.ny in the morning, or he may chime in here, because I tagged him :slight_smile:

UPDATE: this issue has been fixed in the current beta. Anyone having this problem, please send me your hub ID or MAC address in a private message and will enroll the hub in the beta to correct the problem.

4 Likes

Hi, I am also having this issue. I am trying to set up a new C-7 hub with Rule Machine but keep getting the Error 404.

Have you updated the hub firmware to 2.3.7? I think the issue was fixed.

Upon updating to 2.3.7.143 I find the issue is fixed on my new C7!

1 Like

I am getting this error on a C-7 with platform version 2.3.8. Was there a regression?

I just set up a new to me C7 hub, running 2.3.8.123 and I am getting this same error. Has a fix been released?

I am also getting the same issue on my C7 running 2.3.8 as well.