App not finding correct IP Address for C7 hub

I have a C7 hub. I've set a static IP (192.168.1.10). When I do, "find hubs" on the "my account", it says there's a hub at the original DHCP address (192.168.1.21) that was assigned, but it won't find the device with its static IP.

I've tried the mDNS scan and the IP Address scan. They don't find it either. If I click on the "connect to hub" it tries to connect to the wrong IP Address.

This is on the website/PC.

Rebooted computer, etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave

The best way to set a static IP is from the hub's networking tools. I suggest removing the static IP and allowing your DHCP server to discover the hub. Once you are able to register the hub, then you can go to Settings >> Networking and set a static IP.

2 Likes

Hi Bobby,

Ok. I'll try that.

Thanks,

Dave

2 Likes

Okay. Using the admin login and DHCP, I was able to "mostly" get the hub working. However, there is at least one disconnect for static IP's. On the "Hub Details" page, it shows 192.168.1.10 as the IP. But, on the "Hub Information" screen, it shows the old DHCP address (*.21). If you click on the IP Address on the "Hub Information" screen, it tries to open a url to the *.21 address which no longer exists.
Would like to be able to add the screenshots, but can't seem to add them here. I'll see if there's someplace else...

Not really causing any problems at this point, but it seems like the hub doesn't really like to have a static IP and that's the way I prefer (rather than a reservation).

Thanks,
Dave

My C7 has been perfectly happy with a Static IP declared on the hub. Is the address you chose outside your router's DHCP range and you've made sure no other device is trying to use that address?

Press the reset on the bottom of the hub with a toothpick or paperclip (it's the only round hole out of all the square holes). This will reset the network portion of Hubitat and hopefully clean things up. Also make sure you're on both the latest platform and latest z-wave firmware! (2 separate things)

1 Like