Anyway to make a "Back" button in an app?

Apps automatically have a Next button, but can you make a "Back"?

I tried using HSM-like buttons in app? as a guide but you can't return a dynamicPage from the appButtonHandler. The only way I can think is adding an href() but of course it will then look very different than the Next button. Any better way to accomplish this?

@bravenel

A Back button from a dynamic page? That's the Done button.

A dynamic page definition can include nextPage: page-name, which defines the page that the Done button will direct to.

I think I explained poorly.

Say I have
Main Menu -> Option1_Step1 -> Option1_Step2 -> Option1_Step3

So I'm currently on Option1_Step2. Clicking next, the nextPage is set to Option1_Step3. But say I want to get to Option1_Step1. How do I do that? My thought was a Back button making it kind of wizard like. As I said, I can do this by using an href(page: "Option1_Step1") but I can't find a way to do it with a regular button.

Not sure what you mean by "regular button". Every time you want to load a new page, that is either an href, or the Done/Next button. These are dynamic pages, so the definition of nextPage can be dynamic as well. If you want to for from Step 2 to Step 1, change that definition dynamically.

But I can't have two buttons shown at once, a Back and a Next button. Correct? I'm trying to make something that looks like a standard wizard with both Back and Next buttons at the bottom. By "regular button" I meant something the size of the Next button which you can create using an input type:"button" however you can't trigger a page from such a button. Hopefully that helps clarify.

@bravenel thought of a better way to ask my question -- in RM you have a line of buttons like this:

When I click Edit Expression it changes to look like:

How would I do something like that? First, how'd you get "other stuff" on the same line as the Done button, and second, how do I make it refresh and change the UI when I click one of those buttons?

Those three are just buttons. That page uses state to manage how it is rendered, all on the same dynamic page.

Ah. Thanks for clearing it up, that makes sense

Not wanting to hijack this thread (I wanted the same as OP) but your above screenshot illustrates a question I had too. How could I create a standalone narrow , say 1/3 screen width, right aligned drop down or edit box or even centralised one without having any element to the left of it ? Is it possible ?

e.g. the 1/3 sized ‘Delete Expression’ field without ‘Insert before’ or the button afterwards. Showing my html unfamiliarity here.. I tried and failed. I wanted a nested/indented text entry field layout.