Anyone working on Elgato Stream Deck integration?

It'd be awesome to have some native Stream Deck support - I'd love to be able to throw a few buttons on mine to control various Hubitat things. Right now it's possible using IFTTT and some workarounds, but being able to do things directly would be awesome.

That would be awesome actually my son uses a stream deck for his stream.

I've set this up using some background web requests on the Stream Deck and some Rule Machine rules with local end point triggers. Works well, pretty simple.

Late to the party.......
Would love to know more about doing that locally without IFTTT,
Could you give a few pointers if you have time.
The streamdeck looks really useful, havent seen it before.

Thanks

1 Like

Bumping and following. I just got a Stream Deck and this thing is just dying to be used for home automation.

Thank you for the solution! To explain a bit more for other folks who found this searching:

You want to create a new rule in Hubitat with a trigger event called literally "Local end point". This will create a URL/website that every time you visit it will activate the rule. You can then set that rule to whatever you like, such as activating a scene. Add a button in Hubitat to "activate" that URL and you're golden.

Steps

• Open Rule Machine
  • Create New Rule
  • Select Trigger Events
  • Select capability for new Event Trigger and pick Local End Point
  • Use this local URL to trigger (right click and save): [Local End Point URL]

Save that Local End Point URL as the magic URL for the next step.

Then go into Stream Deck:

• System > Website
  • URL: [Local End Point URL]
  • Check Access in background

~Done~

Note, this will only work locally (e.g., the Stream Deck needs to be on the same network as the Hubitat. I imagine for most this should not be an issue.)

Thanks for the solution!

5 Likes

Thank you! I was over complicating this with Maker API App. Your solution is much more simpler.

So slick.
Thanks all.

I started a Stream Deck plugin for Hubitat integration. It's a bit young, but it does work. Check it out on github (ripnet/streamdeck-hubitat). Feedback welcome. Sorry, I can't post links for some reason.

You'll need to have the Maker API installed.

2 Likes

Any features in particular besides on/off that you'd like to see next?

1 Like

Haven't had time to test yet, but weekend's coming up :slight_smile:

Just added another action, for "Set Switch", instead of just a toggle. Useful for multi-action stuff.

2 Likes

I just added your plugin and it's awesome. Would you be able to add a status integration to have the streamdeck button change if a sensor is triggered? Something with HSM would be great!

I'm sure I can add that, however, right now I'm in the process of moving and my streamdeck and coding computer are in storage. Happy to look when I return.

What type of button change are you looking for?