Anyone Using Mitsubishi WiFi Controllers / Apps (MELCloud) in Europe

That is weird. I'll need to look at it some more. I'll let you know what I find.

Actually, try hitting refresh on the child device page, i.e. the device page in the HE admin UI for the device representing your air conditioning unit.

This is the reason I want to setup the polling. I originally was attempting to update the status of the unit from the response to a command, but would get some weird details back, sometimes showing the unit in the off power state, which was clearly wrong. Once the "hasPendingCommands" cleared, then the details returned seemed more reliable.

This is the running settings, then turning it off and on

these are settings when turning on

Thank you.

1 Like

That's certainly not what you want....

It's been a while since I set it up from scratch in HE, I might try that and do some more testing.

Simon

For the questions about the diffrent fan modes on the app there is 1, 2,3,4, 5 and auto is 0

1 Like

Thanks, does yours show up with a valid fan mode, at least with the labels I have used? Hoping this is just a refresh issue...

Sorry for the delay, i had not added to the dashboard yet..

AutoMode

I cant see "SetFanSpeed": on the Current States, did a refresh

I've called the attribute thermostatFanMode (or it may have been called that in the capability by HE...?).

I need to start work shortly, so will not look at it much more for now, will try to get back to it this evening (for me). If you are keen and want to poke around some more, there is a debug logging setting on the parent which will give you a heap of output in the logs.

Simon

Here is the values from current states

Thanks, if you could turn on the debug logging option, open a separate tab showing the logs, run the device refresh for the child device and post the output from the logs that would be appreciated. There will probably be a lot of logs generated. If you are worried about posting any of it, I'm most interested in the logs in and around those prefixed by "adjustThermostatFanMode", or you can send me a pm if you prefer.

Thanks,
Simon

@zimba and @mario.fuchs - Your issue with Unknown Fan Modes should now, hopefully, be resolved. I have added Fan Mode 4 and changed the labels to be numbers instead of the text-based names, in line with some of the screenshots from the MelCloud app. You can grab the updated child driver code from the same link above in GitHub. Let me know how the update goes when you have some time.

Thanks,
Simon

Hi and thank you, updated the child driver but still the same issue with unknown fanMode.

Also I noticed the setTemperature is wrong, showing 23 when actually the setTemperature is 23,5

1 Like

Did you click the refresh on the device? I haven't set this up to be automatic yet.

Yes I did but I refreshed again and got new values, the roomTemperature is correct but not the setTemperature.

Current.States.tempertature has the right value but missing heatingSetpoint. it shows 23, Current running setTemperature is 21.

still unknow FanMode

Thanks

Hmmm, strange. If you could turn the debug setting on and hit refresh again, capturing the logs generated I will take a look. You can pm them to me if you want. I'll try and set the automatic refreshes up at the same time as any fixes to make testing a little easier.

Thanks to @zimba for you're assistance. I have updated the code to address the Fan Mode issues. I may still have some work to do in tightening up the code around the setTemperature issue you were seeing.

I will focus on setting up some regular polling of the unit's status so there is no need for manually refreshing the device.

Hi, this is Angel from Spain

I have a heat-pump SM71, just installed this morning. Now, I'm waiting for the Wifi add-on, I supose it's MelCloud.

I'll try your driver and for sure I'll post anything you need about this.
Thans in advance for your effort.

Angel

1 Like

Thanks Angel, will be interesting to see how it goes with your setup. I need to get back and finish the polling changes, @zimba has been kind enough to give me a hand, I just need to include it in my code.

Simon

I've updated the child driver to include the automatic polling (refreshing) of the AC status.

This is done using two settings on the child device, one to turn the automatic polling on/off and one that sets the frequency of the polling in seconds. When a new child AC device is created these are automatically set to "ON" with a 30 second polling interval. I tried to setup the frequency setting to be a list rather than free text entry but it didn't quite work. I am still aiming to make this a list, to avoid any issues with values people may enter. I would prefer to not set it lower than 20 seconds, I was thinking the list would be 20, 30, 60 and 300 (5 minutes).

Aside from updating the driver code on your HE hub, I believe all you should need to do is open the child device and click save device. If this doesn't work, you can delete the child device and run the refresh command on the parent device, essentially re-creating the child device.

I'm getting close to setting up a separate forum post for these drivers, still only advertising them as in BETA. Before I do that I want to sort out a couple more minor bugs, integrate the drivers into the Package Manager setup and write some more detailed notes on what is included, what's not and what I plan to develop next.

Simon