Anyone using Kodi Notifier?

@stephack or anyone else still using the Kodi Notifier driver?

If so, I would really appreciate some info on both what this can do, and how to get it working.
I've installed the driver and saved it, and added a new virtual device to use this driver. I also entered the [static] IP address of my Kodi "server" (an old Android phone), entered port 9090, the username and the password.

However, Hubitat is not connecting to anything, and the "Current States" of the device is totally blank even though it is currently playing, so obviously it is not connected.

Any ideas on how to get this working?

No idea if it will actually do this, or if it is even possible, but what I would love is that when I turn on a certain switch connected to Hubitat, Hubitat will also turn on the receiver and will tell Kodi to start playing some preselected music.

I use Kodi for all of my whole home audio system. I was not aware of the Kodi Notifier. I took a look at it. Looks like very little activity for a few years. I have Kodi on a RPi and do all of my interactions with Kodi using HE/Webcore. I have dozens of pistons to control Kodi using voice, phone, pads, Alexa. I really love the Kodi environment and would be happy to help you get things going. I don't know anything about Groovy and I feel that learning Webcore for just Kodi integration would be overkill for you. However, I am willing to help as I can.

Thanks, @Pantheon, appreciate the offer to help.

I tried Webcore for HE once when it first came out to try to use it for graphs, but gave up as I could not find my way around it. Maybe its time to try again to use it for graphs and Kodi.

Would Webcore work to control a Kodi install on an Android without any additional hardware? I don't have an RPi or Alexa, or Siri or Homekit or Google Home or any of that, Just Hubitat.

I looked into graphs with webcore and abandon it myself. But you can absolutely control Kodi on an Android from within webcore or Hubitat Rule Machine. All the requests to Kodi JSON-RPC API have to be with the POST HTTP method. I often use POST commands within Webcore for Kodi. I have not tried with RM. And you have to have a little understanding of JSON for those POST commands. If you pursue this route, I would definitely recommend using the Kodi Community Forum for helpful information. I gleaned much of my JSON code from there.

Here is a simple example of my Webcore code to advance to the next song on Kodi using a POST command. Ignore the Echo portion. You would not need it unless you are streaming from Amazon.

Rule Machine will control Kodi as well. I just tried this Rule. It starts playing my Trance playlist. You won't need USER:PASS in your URL if you don't have those set up for your Kodi.

WOW! This sounds promising. Just want to be sure I understand (please be patient as I'm still trying to learn this and I know nothing about programming)

1. Is the above done with or without Kodi Notifier?
  2. If without, is the following the process?
    a. Create new rule with trigger
    b. Create new action type "Send Message: Notify, Speak, Log, HTTP request.
    c. Select "Send HTTP Post"
    d. At enter url, I copy and paste your entry, editing the following:
  • User
  • password
  • specific ip (made a static IP on my router for the android with kodi)
  • What is the 8081??
  • create a playlist and replace "Trance" with the name of my playlist

Any direction you can give regarding the above will be appreciated!

Without.

Yes.

It's the port you assign to Kodi in settings. You said you used 9090.

Yes. But you must know the path of your playlist. I am using a RPi so mine is different. If you are using an android phone with an SD card to host Kodi, then I suspect your path will be something like this...
/storage/6333-6631/Music/filename.mp3

The trickiest part is getting the JSON body correct. I used the Kodi forum noted above to learn the JSON needed for the POST body. There are several options, and I can help you with all of those. I also use this JSON formatter to make sure my JSON is valid.