Anyone used Trådfri Remote or Dimmer?

I'm still using mine. Using @Cobra One to Many app.

https://github.com/CobraVmax/Hubitat/tree/master/Apps/One%20To%20Many

The Dimmer is the top device, and the bottom the bulb.

Works very well, apart from when you turn the bulb off by another method as the bulb and the dimmer are then out of sync. To get around that I turn it anti-clockwise first, setting it to zero level and off. Then turn it clockwise, not perfect, but works.

Ah we're talking about different devices. My post was regarding the "puck". Apologies.

Ah, my Bad. I was a bit confused as to whats what. I think they both look like Pucks.

1 Like

Found an even simpler driver for the "pucks".
A simple clockwise on, anti off. Just what I was really looking for.

/**
 *  IKEA Trådfri Dimmer
 *  Copyright 2017 Jonas Laursen
 *  Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except
 *  in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at:
 *      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *  Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed
 *  on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
 *  for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
 *  Updated by Royski to change the clockwise and anti-clockwise on/off
 */
metadata {
	definition (name: "IKEA Trådfri Dimmer 0.2", namespace: "dk.decko", author: "Jonas Laursen") {
		capability "Sensor"
		capability "Configuration"
		capability "Switch"
		capability "Refresh"

fingerprint endpointId: "01", profileId: "0104", deviceId: "0810", deviceVersion: "02", inClusters: "0000, 0001, 0003, 0009, 0B05, 1000", outClusters: "0003, 0004, 0006, 0008, 0019, 1000"
	//fingerprint endpointId: "01", profileId: "C05E", deviceId: "0810", deviceVersion: "02", inClusters: "0000, 0001, 0003, 0009, 0B05, 1000", outClusters: "0003, 0004, 0006, 0008, 0019, 1000"
	}

main("switch")
}

preferences {

input name: "logEnable", type: "bool", title: "Enable debug logging", defaultValue: true
		input name: "txtEnable", type: "bool", title: "Enable descriptionText logging", defaultValue: true

}

def logsOff(){
	log.warn "debug logging disabled..."
	device.updateSetting("logEnable",[value:"false",type:"bool"])
}

def updated(){
log.info "updated..."
	log.warn "debug logging is: ${logEnable == true}"
	log.warn "description logging is: ${txtEnable == true}"
	if (logEnable) runIn(1800,logsOff)
}

// parse events into attributes
def parse(String description) {
	//log.debug "Catch all: $description"
	if (logEnable) log.debug zigbee.parseDescriptionAsMap(description)

def map = zigbee.parseDescriptionAsMap(description)
		if (description.endsWith("00 0000 05 00 00C3")) {
			// Start Turn clockwise
			if (txtEnable) log.info "Dimmer on"
			sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "on")

// Start Turn clockwise
		} else if (description.endsWith("00 0000 01 00 01C3")) {
			if (txtEnable) log.info "Dimmer Off"
			sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "off")
	}
}

def off() {
	sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "off")
}

def on() {
	sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "on")
}

def refresh() {
	log.debug "Dimmer Refresh"
	zigbee.onOffRefresh() + zigbee.onOffConfig()
}

def configure() {
	if (txtEnable) log.debug "Configure called"
	["zdo bind 0x${device.deviceNetworkId} 0x01 0x01 8 {${device.zigbeeId}} {}"]
}

Hi all,

I don't suppose anyone got any further with the 5 button "Steering Wheel" did they?

I was in IKEA during the week and saw the device in person for the first time. Really neat.

Mark

Steering wheel is out, major platform changes required, we won't be supporting it.

Since you can't pair it to Hubitat, if you don't already know, you might be interested in the fact that if you're using a ZLL network like Hue (as opposed to having the bulbs directly paired to Hubitat, which I probably wouldn't do on a mixed Zigbee network with anything other than Sengled), you can pair it directly to your ZLL bulbs and still use it to manipulate them that way. On Hue, this does require you to leave "polling" enabled if you need the status changes to be reflected in Hubitat, and obviously it's not as flexible as having it paired to Hubitat where you could use it for anything like a regular button device, but...if you're planning on using it for smart bulb control anyway, it's a different way to achieve the same goal. :slight_smile:

My take is that trying to use the “puck” is pointless. No one having any real success getting them to work.

As a dimmer, no, I don't find them good at all.
As a switch, I find them quite handy. Updated the driver in post #33 above if you want it.

Thanks. I am trying to use it, but nothing seems to be active with it. I have tried setting up rules and also checked events. I am getting nothing.

I bought them last July at an IKEA, I am wondering if they changed something in manufacturing.

Ah, really sorry. The puck to me means this.

I do apologise, if that’s not the case :woozy_face:

1 Like

Ahhhh, totally different creature.

By the way, if anybody likes these silly things, get them while you can. IKEA is discontinuing them.

1 Like

I do love em, make great switches for the bedside

But thanks for the heads up :+1:

Sorry :disappointed_relieved:

I paired a puck that was sitting on a shelf collecting dust and now I have no use for it :laughing:
But thanks for the driver anyway :grinning:

1 Like

@mike.maxwell

Just confirming that these do NOT work with HE? There is a bit of debate about the nonclemature in this thread.

I am taking this as gospel.

3 Likes

Hoping I could get a little help. I picked up a couple of the Pucks to use as on/off switches for a couple lamp pairs (on in the bed room where wife falls asleep first then using Alexa to shut off is disturbing..)

Total Noob here by the way.

I grabbed the driver from post #33 above, Went into Drivers, added new, pasted and saved.

Now trying to pair the puck... holding the link button for 10s+, while in Zigbee discovery mode but not getting any results. Also not getting much feedback from the puck to indicate if it's in a 'pairing' mode they red led will flash briefly at in the first couple seconds, then stays dark.

Am I missing something? @Royski any advice?

Thanks in advance.

MK