Anyone use the Logitech circle view doorbell?

I’m looking to add a video doorbell, and as an apple user with an existing iCloud storage subscription I’m considering the HomeKit compatible Logitech circle view. Does anyone here have experience with one?

One concern I have about it is whether any integration is possible with Hubitat or other automation platforms. I’m not looking to view video on other devices, but would at least like it to be able to trigger events when the doorbell rings.

Just installed it today and its super sweet... Nice and fast and I like the integration into my ecosystem.

I do sub to the Apple One for all my family so it fit the bill. It recognizes my kids and family members faces and I like that I can see the floor in front of my door so I know if there is a package.

Previously tried the Arlo, Wyze Doorbell and an old Skybell...now I am also looking for any way to tie it back into my main IoT setup w Hubitat. But fwiw, I use the Apple Home app to control everything.

Hey so I'm a Homekit person, but also use Hubitat for a lot of automations. I have a Ring doorbell, but I dislike Amazon and would like to switch to the Logitech Circle View. So far I'm coming up dry on any Hubitat integrations? I mostly want motion and button pushing notifications into Hubitat.

I even checked IFTTT, and don't see any motion or button press applets.

If you have Homebridge setup you should be able to add a virtual device to Hubitat that is both a switch and a motion sensor for motion and just a virtual switch for the bell press should work. Search for uDTH which is one custom driver I know of. Share them both to Homebridge. Setup an automation in Homekit when doorbell has motion flip on the motion switch. When bell pressed, flip on bell switch. You can setup a motion inactive to flip the switch off. For the bell configure the driver in Hubitat to have an auto-off of 1 second.

I am doing this same thing via Alexa for my Ring, works great.

2 Likes

Oh that's a great idea...sounds like that would fit my needs. Thanks!

That’s a great solution. Would you happen to have another solution to get the luminosity reading from the doorbell back into the Hubitat hub?

You could do it with a switch and have off be 'low light' and on be 'bright' but thats about it for easy solutions.

I think there is a way to setup home assistant to be a homekit coordinator, if you did that you should have access to the values and then could push it to hubitat one way or another.

1 Like