Anyone taken on the Snoo Bassinet?

I see there is a device for Home Assistant. Bitbucket

Did a search but doesn't look like anyone has tackled this in Hubitat.

I have almost zero python knowledge. Is converting from home assistant to Hubitat quite complex, or should this be something that even with limited actual coding experience I could figure out?

It's generally pretty complex; the biggest barrier isn't usually the different programming languages (Python vs. Groovy) but rather the different platform (HASS vs. Hubitat) architectures--what libraries/APIs might be available for you to use to create an integration for the platform, and how "devices" (or devices and entities on Home Assistant), events, and other parts of the two systems work. If you're able to understand the Home Assistant side of it at all--or able to find this information elsewhere--it would likely be easier to just figure out the API or whatever that the device/service in question uses and re-implement that in Hubitat's model rather than thinking about "porting" something this way. (One exception: if there is a Groovy-based SmartThings implementation, these are usually easy to port--not so much because of the Groovy thing but because Hubitat implemented a nearly identical runtime environment/sandbox. But ST is moving away from this model, and some integrations have never been open-sourced regardless.)

What you might find more worthwhile is getting Hubitat devices into Home Assistant (then using some automation on the HASS side to manipulate the Hubitat device as needed to reflect state, or vice versa) or Home Assistant devices into Hubitat. There is at least one community solution that does each of these, though not all of them will necessarily support every device type. And, of course, it also requires an instance of HASS to maintain. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.