Anyone, problems with hue switches at the moment?

Even though it appears nothing has changed, it might be useful to take a look at the child and route info for these devices... maybe it will point you in the right direction, or give one of us a hint? And I know this is super obvious and kind of silly to even ask but... how are the batteries?

http://[your hub's IP]/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

It might be worthwhile to add a few Zigbee outlets around your house to help establish a solid Zigbee mesh network. It can make a huge difference in reliability and battery life of Zigbee end-devices, like your Hue remotes.

2 Likes

Here's my ZigBee routing information. Nothing special in there, right?

Parent child parameters
EzspGetParentChildParametersResponse [childCount=13, parentEui64=0000000000000000, parentNodeId=65535]

Child Data
child:[Upstairs Hue Switch 2, 7BAE, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Entrance Hue Switch, 7622, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Bathroom Hue Switch, B65E, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Middle Room Hue Switch, B105, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[S Hue Switch, 8861, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[K Hue Switch, A63F, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Dining Room Hue Switch, 3DFA, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Kitchen Hue Switch 1, A90E, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Kitchen Hue Switch 3, 8609, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Kitchen Hue Switch 2, CFF6, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Utility Room Hue Switch, 5BA2, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Upstairs Hue Switch, 3258, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Living Room Hue Switch, 5089, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]

Neighbor Table Entry

Route Table Entry

Meh I was hoping to see RSSI info for these devices but I forgot in your case that info won't be available.

Probably so or wait @bertabcd1234 actions. I remember that he wrote something like this..
"...so I plan to look into this for CoCoHue TODAY".

:wink:

1 Like

I actually did do that. :rofl:

It's going to be a while before I get them in, though--looks like it's possible, but it's not easy (each button on the device has a unique GUID-looking number associated with it, but there is absolutely no way I can see to tell which button on the device it is...so I guess I'd have to add the ability to "train" CoCoHue to know which button is which? the API is not public and presumably not yet final, so this might change...I have no idea how Home Assistant is doing this unless they just poll the "original" API for the event right after they see one of the "new" ones, because that's the format it looks like their event comes in as, which is nowhere in the new API that I can see, but I'm trying to get away from constantly asking the Bridge for things).

So...my first priority will just be to get existing devices working similar to how they are now, just with the new event interface instead.

3 Likes

That table reiterates the need for @ogiewon's suggestion to add zigbee repeaters to considered seriously. All your devices are directly paired to the Hubitat. There are no repeaters in your zigbee mesh. As a consequence, devices that are near the edge of where the hub's radio signal can reach will sometimes not be responsive.

My zigbee mesh is very responsive, and I have ~15 repeaters for a total of ~65 devices.

2 Likes

I'm not a fan of ZigBee and ZigBee repeaters. My house is full of hue lamps and WiFi devices with 2.4ghz frequency. I'm trying to minimize traffic in that frequency and I would definitely love to use my hue lamps as repeaters because they are ..well..all over my house. That's why all my automation devices are z wave..except these hue switches paired with hubitat.

I do not understand what has changed and has caused some of my switches act crazy. Only thing I can imagine is hubitat update but if nobody else has same issues after update then it has to be something here.

But guys..I can live with it and I'm looking forward if cocohue could do some magic in future.

I just added one Ikea bulb as a repeater for the zigbee.

Had to keep switch buttons pressed couple of seconds to get them to use new route. At the moment it seems like two switches are using repeater and other switches are not.
That "no information for child" is nothing to worry about right? It should be gone (old information) after hub reboot or something?