Anyone have any personal experience with tp link kasa lightbulbs?

I want to get a few, 3-4. Are they stable? If two are in a fixture do they turn on and change color at the exact same time?

I have over 60 KL130s (version 1 and version 2) and over 30 KL430s as well as several other devices. I have had only 1 out of the box with a dead red diode and I've had one of my original bulbs die. The others have all been bulletproof and they're used daily.

There's a recent issue that has cropped up with the version 2 bulbs. If they have circadian rhythm turned on, sometimes it doesn't like to pass the commands through smartthings/Alexa. Since I moved to hubitat and I still use the cloud connection, this issue is no longer a problem for me.

The guy who built the kasa integration for hubitat is great and is actively engaged with users and actively developing/assisting with bugs. The kasa integration for most other platforms is really solid with the exception of Home Assistant (at this time).

Overall, TP link has worked out for me over 4-ish years with nearly zero problems. I'm happy with my investment and I have 139 TP link devices running on my network with no instability.

I wish the KL130s would colorloop and the KL430s had circadian rhythm but Kasa is well aware of both those requests.

1 Like

I'd also suggest you check on the tp-link Community drivers thread, if you haven't done so already. Like @1449smarthomeautomat suggested... (just realised this)..

I am using just one, but it's been working as expected for over a year.