Anyone else having issues with the Preference Manager app?

are your zwave devices offline as well?

1 Like

No. All devices are fine. Only the Preference Manager app is busted.

Shut down the hub from the settings menu. Unplug at the wall (not the hub) for 5 mins then power back up. See if your devices are back

do you have any user drivers?, and if so which ones...

This is all I use.

Anything else less obvious that might help?

This is the first and only report of any issue with this app. I can only think it doesnt like some specific preference setting in a specific user driver for some reason.
The app reads in all preferences from all drivers on startup.
I would look for an inuse driver or driver author thats common between the two of you.

Thank you for the reply.

I have no idea how the app is coded and probably incapable of understanding why one device would keep the app from even beginning to work so I will just accept that.

I am very disappointed that the cloud backup and soft reset/restore demolished my Z-Wave network.

I restored again from a prior cloud backup and the nodes restored but were not working. I gave up for the night and my Z-Wave network seemed to have repaired most of the nodes to working status overnight.

I am still working on a few Z-Wave devices and a few automations but I can see the light at the bottom of the pit.

So, I will just wait for someone else to find the problem with Preferences Manager and adjust preferences individually like the pioneers dud.

Thanks again for the reply!

I have two hubs, a C5 and C7. As a test, I installed Preference Manager for the first time ever on the C5 and it worked fine. The C7 has had Preference Manager for a long time now, and it also works fine. So at least the app isn't broken on a platform level that I can see.

Do the logs show any errors when you open Preference Manager?

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling this app? I would probably remove the app, reboot, and then reinstall just for good measure.

app:22792022-04-23 11:19:25.856 am errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null on line 72 (method main)

I'm very confused by what happened here. I have done cloud backup and restores on a few occasions and they have always worked. Even going from a C-5 to C-7.

1 Like

It has always worked for me as well.

This is the current status of my Z-Wave network:

I'm not even sure what all of this means.

can you post your native z-wave details page?

1 Like

Just tried installing agin and same issue. Even after reboot.
Silly thing is it says check logs after it errors out, but logs are empty.

I never mentioned before because un-related, but my hub likes to freeze up randomly as well. anywhere between 2 days and several months I need to pull the power to get it back. Green light when frozen as well.

Losing faith.

Hmmm, tried yet again, but got a log entry this time.

@Hal3 and @delron thanks for your feedback. You likely have a custom driver with a preference that is not set. If you'd like to know which driver is not properly configured, feel free to send me a PM and I'd be glad to take a look at your hub's engineering log to see if I can figure out the driver with problems.

3 Likes

Thank you so much!

Thanks to BobbyD, my Preference Manager App is working again.
Was my Denon Zone2 child device. Was duplicated somehow and one of them not responding properly. Simply deleted it, and now both apps work fine.

Cheers!

5 Likes