Anyone controlling their fireplace fan? - Heat & Glo RC200 remote

My Heat & Glo fireplace uses the Intellifire RC200 remote (On/Off, Flame level, Fan speed). Anyone using HE to control the fireplace fan speed/flame level?

Are there any hardwired points to use?

Bond maybe -- would need to check frequency to verify compatibility. But Bond works with numerous fireplace remotes.

You may want to also verify that remote/fireplace doesn't have a kill-switch feature that prevents operation outside of the remote.

I suppose I could splice into the fan wires. But I don't really want to do that. I was looking at possibly an IR solution that can mimic the fireplace remote.

Bond looks promising. Just did not want to add ANOTHER hub.

If it helps to ease the burden, I have one in my closet just taking up space. Happy to give it a new home for the cost of shipping (from Pittsburgh).
I still use the app, but our fans now have "smart-by-bond" baked into the controller.

1 Like

I'll get back to you!

I have addressed this before, recently here in this community. I was hoping for some new information.

Is this the manual/setup you have?

If so - how much control do you want to have? It appears that if you connect brown wire to red it will allow for a remote off/on switch. I assume this would be good enough to turn the unit off/on as needed, but temp/fan speed/etc. would have to be handled by the remote still.

For the fan specifically, that same fan can also be controlled by a rheostat instead of AUX module. It can either be a small one that goes under the unit or there is also a wall option which is very similar to one of those ceiling fan knobs with the round dial. Anyway.... my point is that any sort of "smart" fan control module could probably handle the speed on that fireplace fan. Not sure if something like that would handle the heat though, or otherwise you would have to get some 110v wiring to another location just for a smart fan switch.

Its not really ideal but just tossing things out there for you to consider.

I still do not know of any way to do the flame height without the control module and remote. I have no idea what goes on between that module and the motor. Might just be two power wires and some limit sensors or something but not sure what colors do what.