Anybody using a Sensibo?

Hi All. I made the switch from ST to Hubitat and am quite happy. Sensibo integration is my last hurdle. Based on all the great work shared here I have installed the device driver and user app and gotten that configured with API Key, it shows both of my units. My question is what next? I assume create a virtual device pointing to the app, but when I do that how do I tell it what unit to connect the virtual device too? I am sure I am missing something completely obvious, do the device names need to be the same or is it the device ID?

Thanks for any help, and to the origina creators.

2 Likes

No need for a virtual switch. I just address the device as a switch directly in an action. So I can turn the AC on and off directly that way. Your Sensibos should appear in the list of available switches as "pods".

1 Like

Updated the smartapp: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/joyfulhouse/SensiboIntegration/master/smartapps/SensiboIntegration.groovy

With/for what?

If you're using the code I posted to github, it's pointing to the wrong namespace for the child devices. Resolving @igorgor's issue above.

1 Like

Ok, thanks.

@blink and @Angus_M - Thank you for the help, the new app code worked and the pods are visible now.

Having difficulty trying to set a specific swing position. My AC allows a position to be selected in the Sensibo app like this...

And when I look at the device page in Hubitat I see a parameter called Swing...

However, just above I only see a button marked as switchSwing...(and pressing it does indeed cause the swing to move to its next/successive position, which is great). There is no option/button for Swing allowing text to be entered.

Now, when I try to use a rule to move the swing to a specific position, I see the actuator/parameter switchSwing (not one for Swing), and try to set it as a string as follows But it fails to actuate the swing at all...

Any ideas?

Try modeSwing, this should expect a string parameter.
Looks like switchSwing cycles through the swing modes.

Would be useful to enable debugging to see what is actually being sent to the API and whether the call was successful or not. I haven't really tested much aside from on/off and setTemperature functionality.

Thanks, will try that.

Seems not...

I have successfully configured two Sensibo to my HE. But would also like to control swing position. How?

Updated to expose the modeSwing command, see if you can use this in your automations:

Hello. I updated the Drivers code then saved. Restarted the Hub but I don't see a Swing option under templates. Do I need to also update the Apps Code ?

What do you mean template?

You should see something like this in the device page:

When creating or editing a dashboard Tile, there is an option to "Pick a template". Swing or Mode Swing is not available.

I do see it in the Devices, Commands window.

As users we canโ€™t add dashboard templates, only hubitat staff can do that with a hub/platform update.

If you assign a thermostat template to your Sensibo device, youโ€™ll see the functions that can be controlled in a dashboard.

Ok. I didn't know that templates only Hubitat staff can update. (Maybe they can update?)

Yes I have been using the Thermostat template without problems. Thank you

Holy Moly, it works beautifully! Thank you so much for the update! Now I can switch my AC on and move it seamlessly to the correct swing location to blow cold air over my feet rather than face :smile:

4 Likes

I've had HE for two days now. Yesterday I installed the Sensibo pod app and driver. I created a dashboard tile from the Sensibo Pod device using the thermostat template. I get a tile that lets me turn my AC off and on, set the operating modes, turn the fan on and off, but no swing mode adjustment. How do I set that so that function is available in a dashboard tile? My device attributes contain all of the variables including swing related ones. I just don't know how to get them to show up in the tile. I am a complete newbie at HE but have some experience with ST. I selected full range for swing, then saved it. But, it still doesn't show up in the tile.

My tile looks like this:
46%20AM
My cool mode options look like this:

...and my fan mode options look like this: