Anybody using a Sensibo?

Hi, i'm Using the last velowolf driver and App,

In the App i'm getting the error : com.hubitat.app.exception.UnknownDeviceTypeException: Device type 'SensiboPod' in namespace 'velowolf' not found on line 548 (updated)

In the Driver i'm getting the error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method pollChild() on null object on line 299 (refresh)

Any idee of what might be the problem ?

1 Like

Thank you @VeloWulf for this great app/driver! One question for you - when I try to add my Sensibo devices to SharpTools, they only show up as a switch rather than as a thermostat - is this because of what you mentioned in post 136?

Yes, it is. Look at post 156 for some potential remedies. I still have it on my to do list :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @benoit.perreault, do you have debug logging on? Send over the last few lines just prior to the error and I'll take a look

Thanks! I did update after I posted and they show up as thermostats now but no setpoints are coming in

Hi,
I just installed it (via HPM - install from URL) and had the same problem. Thankfully easy fix:

• Apps Code - Sensibo Integration
  • line 45 says "def getChildNamespace() { return "velowolf" }"
  • should say "def getChildNamespace() { return "velowulf" }"
2 Likes

Getting the same result you are in your screenshots. Were you able to find a solution and get setpoints?

Nope, not yet

I'm seeing increased hub load and it seems to be attributing much of it to this driver / app. Anyone else seeing high load?

Yep, I bought a 2nd C7 and stuck the Sensibo App / Driver on that + a couple of other cloud integrations like Hue.

Hello!
Firstly thank you for all the awesome work. If not for all the help it would be hard for a normal person to set up a smart home.
I was installing my Sensibo and used Velowulf's app and driver code.
I managed to get my pod devices installed. The control within the device tab works. i.e I can on, off etc.
But I tried to put them as thermostat on the habitat dashboard but they can't seem to get the status. All I get are unknowns from the status. i.e "mode" and "fan mode" on the thermostat tile.
Any ideal why that is? I am unable to trigger the sensibo device as well from the tile. Changed mode to cool does not trigger the sensible sky v2.
Thanks!
Pod Status

Strange, mine work fine and display correctly. They are initialised ok? Is there any data shown on the device pages?

Yes it’s strange.
The device page is good. Shows all the correct settings. I can use all the switches there as well to on off the device.
Somehow the dashboard is unable to link the tile to the device properly.

Maybe try to rebuild that dashboard or create another and see if it works ok? Can't think what else to try :frowning: oh, you can also try refreshing the devices using the Sensibo integration App, although if the device pages work OK then that wouldn't seem necessary. Sorry, I'm stumped. :man_shrugging:

Oh I forgot to add.
If I add it as a switch tile it works to on and off the sensibo device.
So it looks like it's the tile problem? Or is there some reference the tile takes that's the issue.

Did you tried to delete the tile and add it again?

Yes have tried that.
Created a new dashboard page and added it again as well but same problem.
Tried deleting everything and readding the app and devices. still not working.

I have actually removed our Sensibos from the Hubitat system now and linked them directly to Google Home for voice control, and otherwise we just use the Sensibo app. The main problem I was experiencing is that the account link kept needing to be reconnected. It wasn't a huge task to reconnect but they tended to be disconnected just when we needed them and when it wasn't convenient to reconnect right then! So the overhead to the HE system became not worth it. Similar problem with Netatmo but for now I need that as the outdoor temp sensor is an important part of my automations :smiley:

You’re using Velowulf’s simplified version, or the original port from the Smartthings code? The latter works as a thermostat tile for me, but not the former - I thought that Velowulf said it wouldn’t too?

Original.