Anybody know when the Zooz ZEN12 will be available?

I recently received a new Zooz device and in the box was a product catalog with a ZEN12 on the first page. ZEN12 is an in wall 3-way/4-way switch with built in motion sensing and brightness sensors. I googled it, but only found a twitter post from CES demonstrating the motion sensor. Anyone have the inside scoop as to when it might be available?

Best to ask @agnes.zooz

I dug a little deeper online and found that it was shown at CES in 2018 or 2019, so I'm not sure what's up. I would buy a few when they release.

It's one of those projects that encountered one too many roadblocks and so we had to move it to a different supplier and redesign it so it's not so 2018 if you know what I mean :wink: We hope to finally have it out this summer :crossed_fingers: If you reach out to our support, we'll add you to the waitlist so you can get an email as soon as the device is released!

3 Likes

That's awesome. I just looked at the catalog that came with my last order of switches and suddenly wanted to know more. Looking forward to the future version - may even hold off on one or two prospective applications.

2 Likes

The Smartest House is expecting to release the ZEN12 with an 800 LR chipset October or November of 2023.

2 Likes

Oh, wow. I gave up and moved on, but will still be excited to see the new offering. I backed the Inovelli mmWave project, but am open to finding homes for both.

Agreed - I definitely have a use case that needs the Inovelli mmWave solution, but I have another where this Zooz version would be perfectly fine (no mmWave necessary in that spot).

Eager to hear how the Zooz version works once it gets out in the wild.

2 Likes

I saw a tweet today, that I now cannot find, that said it was getting close...

Any truth to that @agnes.zooz ?

Fun fact: their support page (here) has Zen12 as a product option in the drop down menu.

Feel free to start conspiracies and speculation.

1 Like

You might have seen it in the newsletter sent from The Smartest House :slight_smile: We're getting close, just finalizing firmware and aiming for a summer release! We've all been more than ready to start selling this device but because it's a complex piece of hardware that involves a lot of logic in the software, it's been a challenge to connect all of the pieces. I'm hopeful you'll see another email announcing the device from The Smartest House soon!

3 Likes