Any way to use an RM rule to run other rules?

Is there a way to create a rule in Rule Machine (5.1) that, upon system start, will re-run all of my other rules?

The context is this (and, if there's a better solution, please let me know):

When I get a power outage, most of my devices (namely lightbulbs) default to "on" state. I've been trying to find a simple way of having them revert to their previous state from before the outage, once power is restored. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten very far and I'm not terribly intimate with using variables, etc.

Thanks!

1 Like

You can use the "Run Rule Actions" to run the actions of one rule from another. This action is available under Set Private Boolean, Run/Cancel/Pause Rules > Run Rule Actions.

For your specific issue, you might look at whether any of your bulbs have options for that. Hue Bridge bulbs do on the Hue Bridge, directly-paired bulbs on Hubitat with the "Advanced Zigbee..." dirvers do (but this driver just doesn't work with all bulbs), and some Z-Wave bulbs have this available as a configuration parameter. Guessing you've already looked at one or more of these things, but worth mentioning in case not!

1 Like

Gotcha. I was looking for something like this, just didn't put 2 and 2 together. Thank you. I'll give it a shot and see if it works for what I'm trying to do

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.