Any way to check z-wave plus status?

I've been slowing migrating my devices from ST to Hubitat. I've only been migrating the z-wave plus devices and replacing (slowly) as necessary. I keep getting this nagging feeling though that I should check to make sure that all of my devices are in fact using z-wave plus and not z-wave.

I believe this concern stems from hearing that once a z-wave device is added to a mesh w/z-wave plus, that the whole mesh downgrades to z-wave. I'm not sure if this is 100% accurate.

In either case, any way to validate a device is joined and leveraging z-wave plus? Any more details about how Hubitat will treat a z-wave device in a z-wave plus mesh when joined?

2 Likes

Go to settings, zwave details, if the device in the cluster column has 0x5E then it is Plus.

Nope, just the communication thru the device if it is a repeater.

3 Likes

That's awesome @vjv. I appreciate the quick reply.

Is there also a way to check if a device is acting as a repeater (I'm guessing all can as a z-wave spec) or is there a way to prevent a device from being a repeater?

Example, instead of buying new z-wave plus Schlage Camelot locks, can I use my original z-wave Schlages and modify an attribute so they don't act as a repeater? Will a secure join do this?

Battery devices are never repeaters. Locks, door/window sensors, tilt sensors.. etc. have no ability to repeat. Some devices have battery and power options (Aeon Multisensor 6, for example) and will repeat only when on usb power.

1 Like