Any way I can keep using my 10+ year old wall mounted HP touchpad? Still works!

Here she is featured on Hack A Day in 2013:

I found a tutorial on updating to Android 9.0, but will that work with Hubitat dashboards. I don't want to go through the trouble if something can work with the existing 2.6.35 Palm Tenderloin. Or can I use the existing OS version with the Imperihome app I paid for so long ago that I used to control VERA3 UI5? This think is part of our family now, just continues to work great on the inductive charger and the battery hasn't swollen as a result of the well-built inductive charger.

Here is my Hackaday.io write-up on it too:
HP Touchpad Charging Wall Mount | Hackaday.io

What would you do? Many thanks!

I'm using 8yo Amazon Kid's 7" Fire Tablets. I installed the Google Play Store APK when I first bought them for the grandkids. IIRC, there was a 2nd APK required (Google Services, maybe?) They were just gathering dust so I loaded 'Fully Kiosk' on them and a newer Fire 10. They've been HE dashboards for years now --one out in the garage in hellatious humidity.

1 Like

Why don't you try it yourself? HE dashboard is just a webpage. I don't see it's time consuming or difficult to try. Creating a basic HE dashboard for testing will probably take less than 5 mins.

1 Like

Thank you, I think this might be the way I might try first.

So I see there is the Maker API I can use, but I'd need to host the page somewhere like a Raspberry Pi or something? Is that correct?

You don't need any of that. Just create a dashboard and use the cloud link in the dashboard app or local link if it's on the same network.

1 Like

I have a old copy of Imperihome also. Will that control Hubitat? Company and support for that app is long gone. Was a good dashboard app though. Thanks

If you interested take a look here ..

1 Like