Any suggestions for triggering things from Apple Watch?

I have looked for a simple app to call Webhooks, but it doesn’t seem to exist. Looks like Shortcuts can but I couldn’t find a watch app. Looking for a simple way to perform goodnight/good morning. Siri would be fine if anyone has bridged Hubitat to that.

Thanks!

I know ifttt works on wear os and you can add buttons and those buttons will trigger anything you want in HE, but I'm not sure if that is a possibility with watch os.

I just looked and ifttt has a watch os app, you can use webhooks in ifttt too

1 Like

Do a search for homebridge. That will get you what you are looking for.

It will let you connect HE devices to HomeKit.

I talk to Siri on my watch all the time to do things like open and close the garage door when I'm outside. Inside the house I use Alexa.

3 Likes

Buying a raspberry pi and installing the Homebridge docker image is so easy. Installing the Homebridge integration is easy too. Now you've got native-ish iOS control over Hubitat.

Homebridge it is. Thanks!

1 Like

This is the docker image I used:

The Homebridge thread:

Let us know if you have any issues.

I have it running on a Win10 machine that is on all the time anyways as my media server. Wasn't too hard to get working.

So I assume you all would use a virtual switch + RM to do “routines”? Looks like most everything (Alexa, Homebridge, IFTTT) can work with that.

1 Like

Yup. That's pretty much it. Siri and Alexa are just voice control for me. All automation (as much as I can) is done via HE.

1 Like

Take a look at Launcher app. Within the settings you’ll find options to setup your watch. You can add the maker API’s to the app, chose icons, or create your own which will display on your watch. I added the app to the main watch screen and use virtual buttons with ABC app to “toggle” what I want.

You get more options if you upgrade to the paid version, which I did.

3 Likes

Launcher and the maker API worked great.

1 Like