Any plans to support Mitsubishi Kumo Cloud?

Ok, that should do it, I was able to save the driver on my hub after I updated it. I had commented out the entire section of code where the error was occurring but the "star"/"star" was closing the comment early. I just took the commented code out for now. I also updated the file to include the ".groovy" extension.

I updated the link in my earlier post, including changing the link to the raw version of the code.

I was able to run though the test, albeit without a login. Hope you have more luck this time.

Simon

Indeed I did! I turned on logging and will send you a PM with the output, with sensitive info redacted.

1 Like

@sburke781 - Finally getting to testing this. - Thanks for the effort, really appreciate it. Here's what I did.

• install driver
  • create virtual device and drill down.
  • edit prefs. For me I can access via chrome at "https://app.kumocloud.com/#/start"
    so that's what I put in as base URL (might be where my problem is?)
  • save preferences.
  • refresh
    and I get this error in logs.

dev:4732021-02-11 09:43:08.239 am errorsetAuthCode: Unable to query Mitsubishi Electric MELCloud: groovyx.net.http.ResponseParseException: OK

1 Like

Thanks for testing @bikesquid.

I expect the Base URL is likely to be your problem. As you move around some sites (not all) they will show you the path to where you are in the address bar in your browser, which I suspect is what you are seeing with the hash and word start when you access the web site.

I'm pretty sure the URL we need to use for the API calls will still be the one I set as the default. If you could test with that and let me know the results, that would be great.

I'll try to tee up a few more commands over the weekend to try, using the output Craig provided.

Thanks,
Simon

1 Like

@sburke781 - As I understand it (from my own experience) there are a number of landing spots based on geography for Kumo access. Trying to log into the wrong one begins a journey down a rabbit hole you don't want to experience. At first I tried the default "https://geo-c.kumocloud.com" and got this:

dev:4732021-02-12 08:54:50.201 am errorsetAuthCode: Unable to query Mitsubishi Electric MELCloud: groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: Exception evaluating property 'login' for java.util.ArrayList, Reason: groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: login for class: java.lang.String

In the degub logging info it does seem to be polling info (from that default site) even with the error. I can PM that log info if interested. lmk.

1 Like

Yes please, I believe the authentication part is working, I'm just not interpreting the result correctly to extract the token.

And you may want to take out any personal info from the response.

OK, bringing it back to the tread....

So w/logs via PM and access, you'll see two units at that account which may explain the additional info in the logs.

1 Like

Yeah I think some of the extra data may also be presets or schedules, but the units would also be adding extra complexity compared to what I have dealt with so far, though I have tried to account for this in the drivers I have written for Europe and Aus. Thanks again for your help with this @bikesquid.

I feel like I have the authentication working, which is a win..... but have been grappling with the structure of the data being sent back. I will send through an updated driver once there is something a little more exciting to test.

I've made some small progress today, thanks again to @bikesquid for your help with this. I am still having some issues with getting accurate status information, but thought it was a good time to open it up to anyone else who may want to test. This is by no means a functional driver, purely to test authentication and my interpretation of the data coming back.

Driver and Device Setup
The driver is still available at the same location, if you need a hand installing this please let me know.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sburke781/hubitat/KumoCloud_AuthPOC/KumoCloud_ParentDriverPOC.groovy

If you've still got a device setup from previous testing, I think you should be able to just update the driver code from GitHub and then test. If you haven't got a device setup, install the driver then setup a new Virtual Device referencing the driver. On the device edit page for the new Virtual Device, make sure you enter your user name and password and turn on the debug logging Preference, then click Save Preferences.

Testing
For testing we want the device edit page open for the new Virtual Device, a second browser tab or window with the Current Logs stream for the HE hub and thirdly a method for confirming the status of the air conditioner, whether that be the Kumo App / Web UI or some physical readout in the home such as a control panel on the wall or a remote.

On the device edit page click the Refresh button (not the one for your browser). Switch to the logs page and review the results. You will see a stream of text, then about a dozen or so entries, depending on the number of units you own. You will see logs for the unit serial number and label, operating mode, as well as various temperature settings and the fan mode. Compare these to what you expect to be the current state of the air conditioning unit(s). Note, some values may appear as "null", which I would expect at this point if the unit is turned off, I need to work on that still. The set temperature does not appear to be coming through either, again more work to be done there....

Switch back to the device edit page and confirm the authCode State Variable now appears and has a value assigned, this typically appears just below the refresh button.

Make a change to the air conditioner as you normally would, e.g. through the Kumo app or some other controlling device. Run the Refresh process again and review the results in the logs. You may need to run the refresh a few times for the changes to be detected, allowing for any delays in communication of changes with the Kumo servers.

Feedback and Next Steps
You are welcome to provide any feedback or test results, but it is probably safer via a PM rather than here on the thread. You don't need to include the long bit of text that is output, just the single line outputs that come after, like operating mode, etc.

I am thinking now I will leave this as being a good start for status info, with work still to be done, and move on to running commands such as changing to heating / cooling, changes in set temperature, etc.

Thanks,
Simon

@sburke781 I'm getting a 404 not found error on that link...

Me too, I'll take a look...

Try this:

Just make sure to open the raw version to copy the code.

I was also able to get the original link to work, just needed to add the groovy extension.

Got it. So log shows nothin' till I enable debug...then it shows seemingly correct info for two units. I can PM the log output if that will help, but looks like it's polling correctly! Nice work!

1 Like

Sorry guys, got a little side tracked lately, will get back into this in a couple of days (over the weekend).

Simon

1 Like

Unfortunately this is not as simple as I thought... Well it is simple, copying code others have perfected is the thing that is not so simple.... Why aren't they considering people like me trying to copy their code when they write it...

Anyway, long story short.. I'll see if I can get something sorted in the next day or two, who knows, maybe tonight....

To give you some idea of where I am heading with this... I am continuing a prototype where I have been able to

• Authenticate and
  • Read in details such as temperature and mode

My next goal is to issue some basic commands via the Kumo Cloud service, such as

• Turning an AC unit on/off,
  • Changing mode and
  • Setting temperature

The final part to the Kumo prototype I would like to tackle is issuing local commands, something I have yet to do with the Aus/NZ or European versions, but is covered in the code examples I am working with.

Once I complete the Kumo prototype, I will integrate all three systems, providing a consistent set of features, e.g. scheduling of device updates, options for representing different fan modes and fan control template, language support, presets, etc.

Simon

While I have made some good progress in my understanding of the kumo api, I have let this project slide of late. I am hoping to spend some more time on it in April, including a few weeks leave in the second half of the month. Thanks again for everyone's patience.

Simon

1 Like

Hey all Iā€™m not sure if this would help, but have you taken a look at the kumo homebridge integration for clues on how to work it with Hubitat?

1 Like

Thanks @derrickterada. I possibly have, would need to check my browser history (not currently at my PC). The most useful method I have used lately is to use Postman and intercept the API calls being made by the web UI. The last thing I need to do for the basic functions is get the details for a temperature adjustment.

1 Like