Any other professional integrators also using hubitat to play around with?

Just curious if anyone else does home automation for a living with systems like elan, control4, crestron etc. And if you are, if you also play around with the hubitat?

Myself I work with control4 alot, been doing it since 2007. I'm no programmer (control4 is more drag and drop) but I really like to give all systems a go and see what they are made of (other integrators like to turn their nose up to systems like these)

I stopped doing Crestron many years ago due to cost of the platform and limited number of customers in the marketplace. I moved a lot of my techniques to Vera, then to SmartThings, and now Hubitat. I still consult with builders for integrations and the one item I miss that I had with Vera and SmartThings was portability of automations including their configurations.

With SmartThings I did a lot of my work in WebCore and was able to export the code and bring it into a clients new site with a few clicks of the mouse and assign the right devices to the routines. With Hubitat I cannot do this, and I don't want to run WebCore on Hubitat due to limited resources for such a powerful utility.

I did a rather large installation with two Hubitats in Michigan in October last year and the system has been hands off after a few tweeks in November. I tend to camp on versions that work and not upgrading to each release if the system is stable.

Have fun with the platform, the local control was the best feature when I started my investigation into it.

2 Likes

I work with RTI but I still like to install, use the rest to see what's new and different. I've had Hubitat since early days of release and I've done some integrations of it with other platforms. Still some growing pains though.

1 Like

I feel you. I think some of the hurdles for me at least is I don't have a strong background in coding so I get lost easily when trying something from scratch, but I love this community and it's members willing to work to get things going.

It's a great community.

No coding required. Coding is needed for Drivers and Apps. If you're not building either, ( and why would you? ) Logic is needed.. the If-Then-Else type. Your Control4 experience should have given you vast experience with that :slight_smile: Yes, Hubitat uses pull down menus vs drag-and-drop, but the logic is the key.

If you have a need for a driver, search or poll this Community. Someone is usually using the same/similar device. Enjoy the adventure. :smiley:

2 Likes

We have tools for capturing installed apps and drivers.
These will be licensable products.

5 Likes

Interesting. This would be a way for Hubitat to continue to generate money outside sales of hubs.

did you create a driver for RTI? would be very interested if you did. Or any integration at all?

I've not done any work on an RTI driver yet. I've thought about it though.

I would be quite interested in an RTI driver!