Any luck getting Jinvoo (zigbee) to be recpgnized?

New Hubitat user. Trying to migrate my Alexa devices over to Hub but can't seem to get any recognition of Jinvoo smart switches of which I have six controlled by Alexa. Reset several times, pairing mode activated, but no recognition. Too bad Hubitat can't just capture the Alexa settings.

Are you sure you have zigbee devices?

I was under the impression jinvoo made WiFi devices, and a quick google search of “jinvoo zigbee” didn’t really turn up anything.

Do you have these switches paired directly to an echo plus? Or are you using the jinvoo Alexa skill?

1 Like

I did finally find a couple of sites that listed the Jinvoo devices as Zigbee - they pair easily to my Alexa account on Show, and android as well as my echo 3 using the Alexa skil for Jinvoo and Smart Home. I also have the Hubitat skill, but have not been successful in adding any devices to the Hubitat to use its Alexa skill

Jinvoo may make zigbee devices; however, the ones you have are WiFi. They don't pair directly to Hubitat. However, this post from @cwwilson08 may help you get them working with Hubitat. It will require the use of an RPi or some other computer that can run nodeJs

Guess I jumped too quickly on the Hubitat Hype before knowing the limitations for my current devices.

WiFi is a limitation on many home automation hubs.... its not just limited to Hubitat. SmartThings does not support WiFi natively either.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.