Any issues with SMS today?

I just setup a virtual contact switch to send an SMS and TTS to my Echo when open. I got the Echo, no text

Rick

I just set one up and I didn't get a text. Pushbullit works fine. I also did the update yesterday. Maybe send an email to support@hubitat.com and report it. Seems there's something up. Since I never use it and didnt get one. I set it up wrong to see and it errored that it was wrong, but no text, no request in the logs.

Still no text today :frowning:

There appears to be an outage with our provider. ETA unknown at this time.

Thank you

Rick

I would think something like this would be considered a significant issue for a majority of users. Surprised there’s so far two of us who have noticed. Are most folks using something else for notifications? What am I missing here?

I started out using SMS, but decided to sign up for Pushover and use it instead. Yeah, sucks it costs extra. But $5 didn't seem like much to me at the end of the day.

I am using pushover and ST for notification.

The join API can be used for those who prefer text messages. I modified @stephack join Ali driver to allow texts. If anyone is interested let me know I'll put it in my github.

Pushover for everything :slight_smile:

Pushover for me too. 10 SMS a day is pretty limiting. For 5 bucks it’s totally worth it.

Wow lots of love for Pushover. Will check it out

Pushover here too.

OK, so as I was implementing the 7 day trial of PushOver, SMS started working :slight_smile:

It took me about 15 mins to get it all setup and tested, then I migrated about 10 different Rules and such to use PushOver, now it's testing time over the next 6 days.

Guess it's time to go to Starbucks and get that $6.00 fufu latte, oh wait, how about drink our house brew, buy PushOver and save $1.00 :wink:

Rick

2 Likes

I just finished converting over too. Really easy, was able to do the whole thing on my phone before getting out of bed! Enjoy the :coffee:

1 Like

I just got spammed with texts today, so it looks like it might be working. I turned it back off. Haha! i use pushbullit and it works fine for me. And it's FREE .. go get that fufu coffee instead. @toy4rick

$ 4.99 a lifetime is (in a world of $40 switches) the same as free. :smiley:

I had to replace most of the outlets in this house.. I have no idea what the previous did to get them so loose. In most, a vacuum cleaner plug would fall out in 5 mins. For two, the plug would fall out instantly... unusable. I could have replaced them with $0.99 from Home Depot (10 pack for $9.99)

Instead, I put Leviton or Honeywell, or even GE for about $44 each.

Lights are worse because they are usually energized by motion or contact.. so yet another $30-$60.

It took just about 4 messages from Pushover for me to slap my 5 bucks down, my "trial" didn't last a full hour. :slight_smile: The Once-Only element certainly sealed the deal. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That's why I went with pushbullit instead. I'm fine with notifications instead of texts. Also I can see that my husband received the notifications as well. One pushbullit account covered us all. It's all about what works for you, though. No way is the wrong way here.

100% agree with that!! :smiley:

1 Like

While Pushover is quite popular, natively supported, and more versatile (supports "levels" that can, for example, override "do not disturb" on iOS devices for specific notifications, among other things), my needs are more simple, and I also have an existing Samsung account for SmartThings (the platform I previously used). In my case, the Hubitat driver and ST SmartApp from here is working well for me: Route Hubitat Notifications to SmartThings (App and Driver)

Plus, it's free! :slight_smile: (If you already have an ST login. You don't technically even need the hub for this since it's all cloud-based.) That being said, if I ever want to use notifications more, I'll probably spring for Pushover...