Any hope for ZXT-120 Driver?

Very true. And @mike.maxwell can keep the ZXT-120 I sent for ever. So the next time, he gets fidgety from quitting smoking ..... (I know the feeling :no_smoking: any more).

1 Like

Did you send me one?

Yup - August 2019. Sent you a PM with a tracking # when I sent it. Maybe its sitting in your junk pile.

1 Like

LOL, well I don't have a junk pile, but it must be around, I'll have a look!

2 Likes

Is Hubitat's thermostat communication with Alexa still somewhat limited? I remember trying to add the zxt-120 device to Alexa by way of Hubitat > Hubconnect > Smartthings and there were many things I couldn't do. Adding the ZXT-120 to Alexa by of Smartthings directly gave me a lot more options.

It's currently non existent, I can't say when we will add actual thermostats to Alexa

yes, I have it, it's that hockey puck thingie...

2 Likes

Definitely no.

That would have been too cool if it did. I think the special thing I was thinking of was that it sends the entire state of the AC with each command sent.

Looks like I'll be using my current set up for the time being even if a driver is created for the ZXT-120. It's not like I don't already have a million different workarounds to get all my devices to work with each other anyway!

There also appears to be a newer version in Zwave Plus clothing as ZXT-600.

1 Like

I don't know of any IR-controlled ACs that have an IR emitter. I am reasonably certain that temperature-sensing AC remotes are just IR senders with a built-in temperature sensor. AFAIK, they do not have any way of knowing that changes sent were actually received by the AC. I'd love to be wrong on that point though.

1 Like

Given the number of driver requests that @mike.maxwell gets inundated with, I would rather see a driver developed for a current product, like the ZXT-600, than a retired product.

I'll see if I can get my hands on one; if I do I'll send it along.

1 Like

That's the one.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

In my experience, you are correct. Some mini-split A/C's can be modified to report their states back to some kind of controller, but that's not through the IR interface for the reason you said. No IR emitter. Same deal with pretty much all IR-controlled electronic equipment I believe. It's a big reason why IR-controlled devices can be frustrating to automate.

1 Like

Couple of things

I have been playing around updating zxt120 drivers if someone wants to test with me.

I have also had good experience with inteisisHome (it offers two way operation; has a mobile app) and I have written drivers for it. (it made it easier to debug my zxt120 work to see what the ac system is doing)

3 Likes

Iโ€™d be interested. I donโ€™t expect to need my window a/cโ€™s for another month or two, but would be happy to try out your drivers in the near future. Thanks!

1 Like

Here is the driver I use for this:

Another community-developed driver is now available:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.